Show off your tshirt printer and flatbed UV printer builds and modifications
By daseri
I have assumed that there are ink cartridges compatible with UV ink, and all this components compatible with the ink, rubbers, valves.... (I had thought of these compatible cartridges)
https://es.aliexpress.com/store/product ... autifyAB=0
From what I understand the problem is that you think that the ink can not work like a normal ink because pressure? Or what you mean is that due to the pressure leaks occur in the joints?
If the problem is the pressure and material of joins i think I can make all circuit with compatible materials.
I'd assumed that the uv compatible dampers will have the same function that the original ones, but if it´s no true I've a new problem :D
Is there any information of the materials (kinds of plastics that the uv ink will eat?
If I have to make a new system, I may save work by directly acquiring something like this, or make something similar:
https://es.aliexpress.com/store/product ... autifyAB=0

Thank you very much for your atention!!
;)
By daseri
By the way, I'm thinking .. The ink cleaning system has problems with the ink? I mean the sponge under the head and the whole system that is plastic.
This would be a bigger problem
daseri wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:49 pm
By the way, I'm thinking .. The ink cleaning system has problems with the ink? I mean the sponge under the head and the whole system that is plastic.
This would be a bigger problem
So far no problems with the capping station...knock on wood, but as i mentioned I do all of my purging and cleaning manually with gravity so very little ink makes it into the capping station/ waste ink tank. Given more time I may find additional problems pop up there as well! It looks like your 7600 is much better supported and the fact that you can buy those cartridges will be a huge plus and save a ton of effort. the bulk tanks pictured also look very promising, and I like that each tank has a stirring motor, it is essential for white, and nice for the colors. Be sure to start a thread and post some pictures of the progress when you get going, that way it will be searchable for someone in the future who works on a 7600/9600!
By daseri
Yes!

For the moment I'm working in mechanics. I'll post some pics when I've some advances in the project.
If there are cartridges in the market, maybe it's because the plastic holds the ink... First I go to make some study with the normal ink so I've a hard work before add UV ink ;)
daseri wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:38 am
Yes!

For the moment I'm working in mechanics. I'll post some pics when I've some advances in the project.
If there are cartridges in the market, maybe it's because the plastic holds the ink... First I go to make some study with the normal ink so I've a hard work before add UV ink ;)
Excellent Idea, when I built mine I got it working and sorted out all of the various mechanical and electrical problems first while it had the stock ink in it. Then I converted from the aqueous to the UV ink. I blindly assumed that it would be no big deal to convert the ink, little did I know at the time that most of the major challenges of the project would lie in the ink conversion :) Good luck and let us know when you start a build thread!
By roni farias
hello friend, good night, how are you? I've seen all your project and its evolution with epson 3880 and 3800 very good. I'm on a UV project here too and would like to share some information. I still do not have the code to control the stepper motor at the printing desk. could you help me on some issues? Can I help you too.$$
By roni farias
NebraskaTrevor wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:56 am
More progress

hello friend, good night, how are you? I've seen all your project and its evolution with epson 3880 and 3800 very good. I'm on a UV project here too and would like to share some information. I still do not have the code to control the stepper motor at the printing desk. could you help me on some issues? Can I help you too.$$
Hello, the code is quite easy, just use one of the all in one boards from the forum sponsor and hook everything up as shown and the included code will work quite nicely. The aio board made that part of the conversion way easier than I could have imagined, it was actually the easiest part of the project. Good luck with your project!
ddelgrande liked this
By ddelgrande
NebraskaTrevor wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:44 pm
Hello, the code is quite easy, just use one of the all in one boards from the forum sponsor and hook everything up as shown and the included code will work quite nicely. The aio board made that part of the conversion way easier than I could have imagined, it was actually the easiest part of the project. Good luck with your project!
-----------------

Ain't that the truth! From one who knows!
NebraskaTrevor liked this