Show off your tshirt printer and flatbed UV printer builds and modifications
By Andy
I get asked quite a bit about whether or not a moving printer is possible.

Of course it is and I've been playing around some. Here is a little preview of what you can do with OpenDTG products and code.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By mikeeman2000
That’s really cool! Looks like you can do multiple shirts. Will this ever be for sale as a complete or a kit? Also that red plate in front of the printer is that a platen height indicator? Can you provide the width of the piece?

Thanks
By Andy
gater06 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:26 am
Andy, do you have any video how it works?
This was after I added a platen and was doing a test print to show printing from a standard program like google docs
By tjello
Nice! :)

I think I'll try to build something like this.. But I need it to move a shorter distance and make a platen that I can just slide underneath. I have about 90 cm of depth where I can have the printer and I need to make a small box around the printer for climate control so I won't be able to move it too far..

Are you using a belt or a lead screw?

Is the plate in the base there going all the way through or is it only attached to the side? Got some more pictures showing this?
DangerBox liked this
By Andy
Not sure if this picture helps.

The big thick plate that the printer rides on is 1 piece that rides on a linear rail / carriage system.

If you look at the old T-jet Blazer Pro it was a moving printer but the platens were on a "drawer" type platform that could be pulled out and pushed in manually.

I used a belt out of ease for what I had on hand. A ballscrew would be the better way to do it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.