What and where to buy when it comes to supplies for printing
By Laurentamale
Hi,
I'm looking to DIY a DTG printer because I need to print on thicker materials - particularly rigid mounting boards, that are too rigid to move through traditional printers. However, I need to be able to print with toner. I see the tutorial for the P600 will produce a printer with UV Ink. Has anyone had any success converting any of these printers and using toner?

Thanks!
By Andy
Laurentamale wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:06 pm
Hi,
I'm looking to DIY a DTG printer because I need to print on thicker materials - particularly rigid mounting boards, that are too rigid to move through traditional printers. However, I need to be able to print with toner. I see the tutorial for the P600 will produce a printer with UV Ink. Has anyone had any success converting any of these printers and using toner?

Thanks!
Toner is used in laser printers so it won't work in an Epson inkjet.

Yes some people use UV inks, nobody has shared a full build yet though with details on the cure lights and UV resistant ink system.
By Laurentamale
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! So...for reactive foil, this isn't going to be a solution for me?

Thanks!
By Andy
I've never used those but it appears it's for regular laser printers. No need to modify the printer to use them.
By Laurentamale
Hi Andy,
Correct - but none of the regular printers will print on thicker papers or boards :/. Hence why I thought this might be the solution. Flatbed printers are also extremely pricey.