Discuss the more advanced topics here.
iuliusdobre wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:48 am
Thank you Andy!

Unfortunately I can't afford 2 AIO boards. So, I will use 3 TB6600 drivers (2 for the height and one for the plate) , 3 Nema 17 motors, 2 Arduinos (one for the height and one for the plate), one Arduino Shield V2 and one 360W, 24V power supply.
What do you think?

I looked at http://2fastprinter.com and no board is available (out of stock).

I couldn't find the code for the height adjustment. Is it available?
I had to end up using an arduino uno and motor controller shield connected to my 2 nema 17 motors and a limit switch. Each time the platen reaches the end of its travel, it hits my limit switch, which indexes my platen down the Z axis... Viola! 3D printer! If anyone is interested email me for instructions
By Andy
eaylward wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:48 pm
iuliusdobre wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:48 am
Thank you Andy!

Unfortunately I can't afford 2 AIO boards. So, I will use 3 TB6600 drivers (2 for the height and one for the plate) , 3 Nema 17 motors, 2 Arduinos (one for the height and one for the plate), one Arduino Shield V2 and one 360W, 24V power supply.
What do you think?

I looked at http://2fastprinter.com and no board is available (out of stock).

I couldn't find the code for the height adjustment. Is it available?
I had to end up using an arduino uno and motor controller shield connected to my 2 nema 17 motors and a limit switch. Each time the platen reaches the end of its travel, it hits my limit switch, which indexes my platen down the Z axis... Viola! 3D printer! If anyone is interested email me for instructions
Why not just post the instruction here for everyone instead of asking them to email you?
I almost finished the motorized adjustment using an Arduino, 2 Nema 17 motors and one DM542A Driver. All is working great, but when I turn off the power, the printer in going down under its own weight. How did you solved this?
By Andy
iuliusdobre wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:22 am
I almost finished the motorized adjustment using an Arduino, 2 Nema 17 motors and one DM542A Driver. All is working great, but when I turn off the power, the printer in going down under its own weight. How did you solved this?
I just put physical stops so it can't go lower than the platen but it stills settles with the power off.

The other option is to use a brake the clamps down when power is off. They are kind of expensive.
Andy wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:14 am
iuliusdobre wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:22 am
I just put physical stops so it can't go lower than the platen but it stills settles with the power off.

The other option is to use a brake the clamps down when power is off. They are kind of expensive.
Thank you Andy!