Discuss the more advanced topics here.
By Andy
I think the hardest part would be the custom software.

You'd need it to take in the image and determine the width of each spray pass and how many to do.
By mikeeman2000
Couldn’t it print a “white” layer with the rip software but just have the cartridges filled with pretreatment?
By Andy
mikeeman2000 wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:01 pm
Couldn’t it print a “white” layer with the rip software but just have the cartridges filled with pretreatment?
Printheads need a very specific viscosity of fluid plus pretreat is very corrosive.

I don't know what they use. Maybe it's a narrow nozzle or maybe some kind of industrial head made for spraying special chemicals.
By sonyoasis
It uses the same solenoid valve that a lot of pretreaters use. You can get it from spray.com the price i was quoted was £410.99
By Andy
sonyoasis wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:52 am
It uses the same solenoid valve that a lot of pretreaters use. You can get it from spray.com the price i was quoted was £410.99
So you're saying they are using a spray nozzle that's just a narrow spray and having it do multiple passes?
By sonyoasis
I am just saying it uses the exact same valve as all the viper PT machines and various others. It’s a top quality and is capable of 5000 cycles per min. I have the data sheet if your wanting me to send it over. It’s the same valve in my diy build . Looking at the YouTube video it sprays one pass, turns off , platen moves then it’s onto the next pass. It must use a low pressure pump and straight fan spray tip? You should try to rig this valve up to an epson Andy :lol: