User avatar
By ddelgrande
#3158
So I  before building my OpenDTG printer using the AIO I thought I would try to resurrect my T-Dozer build.  As a recap, I blew the P600's mainboard, bought another mainboard but couldn't get it to initialize since you need an Epson tech to load its profile.  

As a workaround, I bought another new P600, removed the mainboard and installed it into my T-Dozer build.  This worked, but now I'm getting a 0x53 error which is a PF/ASF reset error.  

A user on the T-Shirtforums resolved the error by doing the followng: 
------------------------------
 Re: p600/t-dozer 0x53 Error - ASF Assy/ASF Motor
[hr]
After countless hours, I've finally SOLVED the 0x53 error... such a huge relief. So I have built 2 printers that had this error, and was extremely careful about everything that I did, so had a hard time imagining that I plugged something in wrong - I didn't. I tried comparing what Jeff German did in his videos to what I did, and the only difference was that I didn't run the printers before tearing them apart. Simply put, RUN THE PRINTER ONCE BEFORE YOU DISASSEMBLE IT. So simple.

I figure that perhaps the printer stores info about its condition in permanent memory(or it's last bootup), and since I didn't run it, and removed a bunch of the sensors, it didn't have a record of if the sensors function properly.

I realized this, by plugging in the trashed "paper feed switch" into the ASF board, setting it to open, and then booting up. It worked. I then powered down,unplugged, and also unplugged this paper feed switch. When I turned it on again, it still worked... even though the switch was no longer there.

------------------------------------

Now I ran the new printer as a stock print for a month before taking out its mainboard.  I don't think I should have to do anything since I put the new board in my old T-Dozer system, then again  . . . ;)

Any ideas are much appreciated. 

Here's a video of the printer's boot up.

User avatar
By Andy
#3159
Power down the epson printer and then unplug it from the wall.

Then plug it back in and boot up.

The early bird boards have to be reset by either unplugging or pushing the reset button on the AIO.

The reason is boot up does 1 sequence and then after that prints do another ASF sequence.
User avatar
By ddelgrande
#3160
Andy wrote:Power down the epson printer and then unplug it from the wall.

Then plug it back in and boot up.

The early bird boards have to be reset by either unplugging or pushing the reset button on the AIO.

The reason is boot up does 1 sequence and then after that prints do another ASF sequence.
----------------
Unfortunately, at this point,  I'm using the T-Dozer Board!
User avatar
By Andy
#3161
Oh I missed that part.

Is t-dozer supposed to run in sheet mode or roll mode?
User avatar
By Andy
#3163
That's before those electronics.

Have you asked their tech support?
User avatar
By ddelgrande
#3165
Andy wrote:That's before those electronics.

Have you asked their tech support?
------------------
LOL, what support!
I'll just move along with the AIO
User avatar
By Andy
#3166
ddelgrande wrote:
Andy wrote:That's before those electronics.

Have you asked their tech support?
------------------
LOL, what support!
I'll just move along with the AIO
If I had a guess... (and I don't know anything about the T-dozer)   I would say they run in roll mode and your printer isn't in roll mode so it tries to use the ASF 
User avatar
By ddelgrande
#3170
Andy wrote:
ddelgrande wrote:
Andy wrote:That's before those electronics.

Have you asked their tech support?
------------------
LOL, what support!
I'll just move along with the AIO
If I had a guess... (and I don't know anything about the T-dozer)   I would say they run in roll mode and your printer isn't in roll mode so it tries to use the ASF 
-------------------
So how do I put the printer in roll mode when I don't have access to the printer's LED panel because of the 0x53 error?
User avatar
By ddelgrande
#3183
I found the Paper Feed Switch which was removed for the T-Dozer build, but no luck.  Still get the 0x53 error whether the switch is open or closed. Although I turned on the printer before the T-Dozer build, I did not use it as a printer as I now know I should have.  

Live and learn . . . :(