By Andy
I'd like some feedback on what is the hardest for people building DIY DTG or what they feel lost on?

For example:
- finding parts
- disassemble the epson
- cutting the epson printer
- wiring and soldering
etc
By Andy
weekata wrote:-interfacing electronic connection between printer board and arduino board.
-Arduino Coding
-Clog white ink issue (hope there is DIY WIMS)
Thanks for the feedback. 
Soon I will have a very low priced Arduino shield that plugs into the arduino and makes the connections easy without soldering. I figure the soldering of wires is a hard thing for many people.
The goal of the website is to add information and resources to make it as easy as possible to build a printer.
Andy, First I'm very glad  to find this froum. thanks for the time and your posts. 
What I would suggest if it is possible,  to upload a photo of the connections from the aurduino to the printer, maybe using firtzing.com of something similar to identify  the pins d other parts to connect. I'm not keen using arduino, but I think visualizing it would be easier to try.

Thanks a lot
Andy wrote:I'd like some feedback on what is the hardest for people building DIY DTG or what they feel lost on?

For example:
- finding parts
- disassemble the epson
- cutting the epson printer
- wiring and soldering
etc
Oh, the cutting of epson printer was the worse part of my build. I made i big mistake by not protecting enough carriage shaft and I ended with many carriage problems and scan motor overheating because of small metal fragments stuck between shaft and carriage bearings.
ddelgrande liked this