By Sevan.montreal
OK GUYS!! I GOT WORKING PLUS THE PRINTER when booted up it was all systems go i have one last problem..hopefully this is common.... So the when i push the in button it goes all the way back to the limit switch like its supposed to but then locks there probably forcing on the limit switch and making a weird noise (not the belt grinding) because the belt does not move! so i either quickly press the out button for it to come back out or unplug it cause it looks like its damaging the stepper motor by the sound of it any thoughts whats going on? oh by the way obviously it gives me a paper jam error on the printer cause it cant go back to its print position because of this problem. i hope what im saying makes sens
By thebakerycottage
Hi, Andy,

We got the printer back today. I attached the cables, had the platen to the front, and turned everything on. Other than the print head moving as it should, and the paper feed wheel moving (I think that is what is making a sound from the left side of the printer), nothing happens. The platen does not move, and cannot even be moved by hand or using the buttons.

Any suggestions as to what I may have missed or what may be wrong?

Thanks,

Jeff
By reptilesink
Check the wiring of the stepper motor.
If it won't move when powered up it's because it is being held there by the voltage acting like a brake.
By reptilesink
Put some photos up of the wiring. Both the stepper and the sub board with the encoder connections.
It could be something simple but hard to say without seeing it.
By thebakerycottage
Andy, I sure could use some help. I know it was working when you shipped it back, but I must be missing something because the platen will not move. I switched the red and green wires that go to the stepper motor, but that has no effect, so I switched them back.

One thing I did notice is that with the printer unplugged and no USB cord to the printer or card, the green light on the red board (by the USB plug) comes on if I move the platen by hand. Is this something that should happen? When I got the printer back the red board was just loose, not fastened down.

Thanks,

Jeff
By thebakerycottage
These pictures are the way it came wired to me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Andy
thebakerycottage wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:50 am
Andy, I sure could use some help. I know it was working when you shipped it back, but I must be missing something because the platen will not move. I switched the red and green wires that go to the stepper motor, but that has no effect, so I switched them back.

One thing I did notice is that with the printer unplugged and no USB cord to the printer or card, the green light on the red board (by the USB plug) comes on if I move the platen by hand. Is this something that should happen? When I got the printer back the red board was just loose, not fastened down.

Thanks,

Jeff
Jeff,

I can send out a new red board for you to try.

It had 1 screw holding it when we shipped.

Yes anytime you move the motor by hand it generates current that will light up the LED.

Thanks