Discuss rip software from makers EK Print Studio, Kothari, Cadlink, AcroRIP, etc
By Zinalias
Surely this is not the topic for this issue anymore but i haven't find the right one so if you point me a little bit i'll keep the conversation there. Thanks

I tightened the belt until the motor had a hard time to move the platter, then loosed it a bit, seems to work better but find this: at 720x720 and 1440x1440 resolution it prints just fine, but at 1440x720 the motor moves abruptly and the image ends overlapped and shrinked, needless to say shaky cause the whole printer shakes like the hell. turn back the resolution to 720x720 or 1440x1440 and it prints cool again. Does this makes any sense? any idea?

On the other side it still not line up the prints, it's like 1/4 of inch off and on vertical axis. looks like at the start it skips a bit cause sometimes it makes sort of the same sound than when it moves abruptly, but just once at the start, or maybe in other moments but i hasn't affected me the print.
I'll make some tests today and share a video so you can feel it better.
thanks
By Kjamil
ABDada wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:40 am
I haven't run EKRip in years, but with EK and my 2880 I made money.  Colors were way off but I just old customers I'm a buck or two cheaper, deal with it.  They were fine with that.

Kothari is hands down the best.  The white underbase prints better because of their dithering algorithm.  CADLink's WUB is weaksauce compared to Kothari.   There's no doubt that Kothari also has much much better color profiling off the bat.

Any idea of the EKRip guys upgrade their RIPs?  I still have a license for my 2880, wouldn't mind trying it with my 600s.
Hi there,

Did you built R2880 build using AiO DTG Controller board?
I built DTG based on AiO DTG Controller board with Epson 1430.
Someone in my area is selling used R2880 and I thought if I can use for next build.
Can you confirm?

KJ
By ddelgrande
So I'm trying to print some t-shirts for a friend who has given me two images in two seperate files. I was thinking I could just import them into EK Print first to scale them to the appropriate size and two to move then individually around the selected print area (table size).

It doesn't look like EK Print allows you to import more than one print/file image?

Is that correct?
By Andy
ddelgrande wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:08 pm
So I'm trying to print some t-shirts for a friend who has given me two images in two seperate files. I was thinking I could just import them into EK Print first to scale them to the appropriate size and two to move then individually around the selected print area (table size).

It doesn't look like EK Print allows you to import more than one print/file image?

Is that correct?
I'm pretty sure that is correct. You'll have to set them up in photoshop and save as 1 file.
By ddelgrande
Well that's some motivation to get the gutenprint working with Photoshop. You would think for the money EKPrint Studio would be able to do what the online print shops like Custom Ink can do.

All in in all, very disappointed.
By Andy
ddelgrande wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:28 pm
Well that's some motivation to get the gutenprint working with Photoshop. You would think for the money EKPrint Studio would be able to do what the online print shops like Custom Ink can do.

All in in all, very disappointed.
I uploaded the gutenprint files. They are in the downloads.