Brand new shaker stopped working , WTF!!

So like on title had it for 3 weeks. I finally got wired up correctly. It's a 110v@45.5 amps. Double check with vendor. Calibrated printer, feed film through, got everything going. And then..... just shuts off after like 15min. Looked inside the breaker/relay was tripped. So I reset, hit the switch and turn power on and major let down, heard breaker tripped. Yes the one inside the shaker. Is this the problem I've just read about in another post.refer to pic. Any help on where I can get quality replacement  part would be appreciated .any help and or advice. I'm all ears.TIA. And yes I do smell burnt electric something. Like I said too, brand spanking new. Didn't even get to cure One gang sheet.

1000004884.jpg

3 hours ago, DTFJUNKIE said:

So like on title had it for 3 weeks. I finally got wired up correctly. It's a 110v@45.5 amps. Double check with vendor. Calibrated printer, feed film through, got everything going. And then..... just shuts off after like 15min. Looked inside the breaker/relay was tripped. So I reset, hit the switch and turn power on and major let down, heard breaker tripped. Yes the one inside the shaker. Is this the problem I've just read about in another post.refer to pic. Any help on where I can get quality replacement  part would be appreciated .any help and or advice. I'm all ears.TIA. And yes I do smell burnt electric something. Like I said too, brand spanking new. Didn't even get to cure One gang sheet.

1000004884.jpg

45 amps at 120V is wild. Your standard 200 amp whole house service can only handle around 100 amps per side. So you will likely have a unbalanced electrical box. 

just look on Amazon for dz47le-63. That’s a 63 amp breaker. They are like $17. 

That’s a fault breaker, so it could be doings it’s job and protecting you. I’d be careful. 

every shaker I’ve used had an issue new out of the box in some form. You’ll also run across needing to repair them often. Best to get to know it now, then later. 

Edited by johnson4

1 hour ago, johnson4 said:

45 amps at 120V is wild. Your standard 200 amp whole house service can only handle around 100 amps per side. So you will likely have a unbalanced electrical box. 

just look on Amazon for dz47le-63. That’s a 63 amp breaker. They are like $17. 

That’s a fault breaker, so it could be doings it’s job and protecting you. I’d be careful. 

every shaker I’ve used had an issue new out of the box in some form. You’ll also run across needing to repair them often. Best to get to know it now, then later. 

8 hours ago, DTFJUNKIE said:

Like u said I think it's doing its job, but I think it's something else that's fried. I'll be looking around to see what I find. Darn shame though. 

It happens, often in my experience. 

process of elimination. If it flips immediately it must be a dead short, breaker could be bad too though. With all heaters off it’s still flipping immediately, I replaced the breaker on mine. But like I said I have a 220V unit with the Gfci in the breaker box, not in the unit. 

I bet that 6 gauge wire was fun to run.