older epson printers?

So I have two older Epson printers collecting dust in my garage, a Workforce 1100 and a Workforce 7010. Both have 5 channels. Could either of these printers be converted to DTF?  I was thinking it could be a cheap/low-risk option to play around with (for someone is mostly a hobbyist at this point), other than the cost of buying EKPrint (which claims supports for both printers). I'm guessing print speed would be an issue? Are there any other limitations/pitfalls I should be aware of? 

9 hours ago, twjoe said:

So I have two older Epson printers collecting dust in my garage, a Workforce 1100 and a Workforce 7010. Both have 5 channels. Could either of these printers be converted to DTF?  I was thinking it could be a cheap/low-risk option to play around with (for someone is mostly a hobbyist at this point), other than the cost of buying EKPrint (which claims supports for both printers). I'm guessing print speed would be an issue? Are there any other limitations/pitfalls I should be aware of? 

Neither would work, you need a minimum of 6 colors. 

I'm assuming that this is because having two white channels is required to get enough white ink coverage and opacity? Is this also why EKPrint supports this model, but only as a DTG where the print bed could allow multiple passes on the white?

43 minutes ago, twjoe said:

I'm assuming that this is because having two white channels is required to get enough white ink coverage and opacity? Is this also why EKPrint supports this model, but only as a DTG where the print bed could allow multiple passes on the white?

I have found that EKprint claims to work with printers that it does not work with. I have purchased a license before that ended up never working after months of back and forth to fix it because the driver was never finished, yet was put up for sale. I have an Eco tank printer and a 7210. Both have been replaced twice now using standard paper and OEM inks due to internal failures. 

It's likely a situation where EK will work based on similar drivers for other devices, so they throw those out there if anyone ever used it. 

Having only one white channel isn't a great idea any way about it. With 2 white channels it on the 1430/L1800 one large print would take over 18 minutes. Within that time, one nozzle clog could destroy the whole print and it's very hard on the machine. Which almost always happened to me. 

Those would be great for sublimation in my opinion, that's about it. 

Personally I feel like it would be a waste of time and money on the supplies and make a mess. But that's me, You could also give it a go and give a first hand experience here about how it did or did not work and why. 

Good luck!