Epson R2000 vs Epson SC P400

Hi everyone!

There is an Epson R2000 already with a fairly decent service life, which already requires replacement of the pump unit, diaper, cleaning-lubricant, etc., but the printhead is working. However, there is Epson P400 absolutely new, but without print head .

I know that the print head from R2000 is not suitable with P400

Question. Is it possible to remove the main board and print head from the R2000 and install it in the P400?

Will everything work or no ?

Thank you!

6 hours ago, alex965 said:

Hi everyone!

There is an Epson R2000 already with a fairly decent service life, which already requires replacement of the pump unit, diaper, cleaning-lubricant, etc., but the printhead is working. However, there is Epson P400 absolutely new, but without print head .

I know that the print head from R2000 is not suitable with P400

Question. Is it possible to remove the main board and print head from the R2000 and install it in the P400?

Will everything work or no ?

Thank you!

You’ll have to change several other parts including the csic board, which won’t fit on the other printer. 

I had a DTF machine from China based on the r2000 and planned on swapping it to a p400. There was some connectors that wouldn’t match up. 

you’ll need a new printhead eventually, I’d stick with the P400 since printheads for it are still in production and the p400 has Chipless carts for it. 

1 hour ago, alex965 said:

So, you really try to change the R2000 to P400 and on a mother board some connectors don't fit?

Maybe you remember which exactly connectors don't fit?

The csic board, which is a main component and required. it’s what reads and decodes the ink chips. 

there were a few others, ribbon cables. One printer had a connector the other didn’t. It’s been over a year so I don’t remember exactly which, but I know it was significant enough for me to just throw it away and I’m an avid experienced DIY’er especially with Epson machines.

printhead for R2000 is $1,000 plus for refurbished. Printhead for P400 is $500-$600 brand new from Epson still in production. Both work the same. Both needed replaced every 20-30 rolls of film printed. 

the carriage would need changed, ALL wiring including all ribbon cables and sub boards. The only thing that is the same is the metal case when you look really close there are some small differences there too. One model is almost 10 years older than the other.

Edited by johnson4