Epson 1430 UV DTF NOOB

Techyrod

Hello! I have few good working Epson 1430 printers laying around, Im curious to know if anyone has converted one to do DTF UV? I want to make 'stickers 'only. I have ordered proper things i need complete the process.  link below

link-https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803522857010.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.1.6dfcx1bDx1bDad&algo_pvid=a62a1a1b-fe76-40e1-a0d6-fe975daadc02&algo_exp_id=a62a1a1b-fe76-40e1-a0d6-fe975daadc02-0&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id"%3A"12000028208100109"}&pdp_npi=3%40dis!USD!348.63!104.59!!!!!%40211bf12316765888407806472d0731!12000028208100109!sea!US!0&curPageLogUid=d8Td3RHGIku5

has anyone done this to the 1430/1400? I know the l800 is similar, any advice/info is gladly appreciated!!

2 hours ago, Techyrod said:

Hello! I have few good working Epson 1430 printers laying around, Im curious to know if anyone has converted one to do DTF UV? I want to make 'stickers 'only. I have ordered proper things i need complete the process.  link below

link-https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803522857010.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.1.6dfcx1bDx1bDad&algo_pvid=a62a1a1b-fe76-40e1-a0d6-fe975daadc02&algo_exp_id=a62a1a1b-fe76-40e1-a0d6-fe975daadc02-0&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id"%3A"12000028208100109"}&pdp_npi=3%40dis!USD!348.63!104.59!!!!!%40211bf12316765888407806472d0731!12000028208100109!sea!US!0&curPageLogUid=d8Td3RHGIku5

has anyone done this to the 1430/1400? I know the l800 is similar, any advice/info is gladly appreciated!!

Is it a flatbed printer? They print on the adhesive layer so I can’t say if a stock printer would work. Rollers would likely stick to the film. It’s usually flatbed printers or specially designed “all in one” printers for UV DTF printing. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Techyrod said:

Yes it’s stock printer I’ve removed some rollers. Good point you made about the adhesive paper,I also have blk UV tanks and uv ink carts coming. I’ll haft to look more into the rollers 

It's the adhesive side that sticks to the objects that you are printing on, so it's super sticky. 

I went the flatbed route due to this, but planned on attempting some DIY conversion for a roll printer. 

I know they have some chinese printers that do this, but it prints from a roll, peels the paper from the roll before going into the printer, and has the laminator pulling it out of the front at the same time. Likely the only reason it works is it's basically " tensioned" between the front and back roller keeping it flat. In a stock printer, I doubt this would work. 

But, If your head is the solvent manifold and you go with UV everything else, it should work in that aspect. I just can't say it would work not being a flat bed. 

• Like 1

On 2/16/2023 at 9:12 PM, johnson4 said:

It's the adhesive side that sticks to the objects that you are printing on, so it's super sticky. 

I went the flatbed route due to this, but planned on attempting some DIY conversion for a roll printer. 

I know they have some chinese printers that do this, but it prints from a roll, peels the paper from the roll before going into the printer, and has the laminator pulling it out of the front at the same time. Likely the only reason it works is it's basically " tensioned" between the front and back roller keeping it flat. In a stock printer, I doubt this would work. 

But, If your head is the solvent manifold and you go with UV everything else, it should work in that aspect. I just can't say it would work not being a flat bed. 

I can confirm the adhesive will just peel off and get everywhere if it was ran through a normal printer, at least the film I tried just now. Haha.

On 2/16/2023 at 9:12 PM, johnson4 said:

Hi thanks for your response! is there anyone or anywhere to buy a full flatbed kit???ive looked all over the net cant find any

1 hour ago, Techyrod said:

Hi thanks for your response! is there anyone or anywhere to buy a full flatbed kit???ive looked all over the net cant find any

There used to be, I’m not sure if there is now. 

the film I’ve tried isn’t very good, it’s not “ sticky” enough to be even considered anything more than a temporary sticker. 

I’ve got a few brands to try out though, so we’ll see. 

Edited by johnson4

14 hours ago, Techyrod said:

thanks! i guess im in a pickle on this lol

Honestly at the end of the day you can buy from China for about $2,000-2,500 for a machine running 80 nozzlesX6 channels. 

they come with the auto lift base, mug platen to print on round objects, all kinds of perks without the work. 

with this, you are $1,000+ just in the base, plus the printer,conversion, software, etc. you’ll easily match the same cost with many less features and reliability with alot more work. 

The only reason I went with what I did is due to the Dx7 versions being 4K+

• Like 1