Epson 3880 problem

So i have a big problem, 2 days ago before i stoped the printer i do the daily end of the day maintenance , on the next day i filled up my white inks ( i have 80ml carts)  i want to pull the ink from dampers i pulled but nothing coming, okay i put back everything i start the printer i ran a power cleaning , and after a nozzle check 1 of my white was verry bad so i run another, after the 1 whole 1 channel disappeared so i check the lines, and i see i have to much air in the lines, so i tried again to pull from damper but not coming nothing no ink no pressure .. ( maybe im pulling wrong , never do this with dx7 damper idk how is working,) so after i checked the capping station i take out i cleaned out i suck with syringe the tubes everything works fine, so now i dont know what is the problem or how can i solve this issue if anybody know something please help me . thank you and sorry for my bad english :)

19 minutes ago, laci said:

So i have a big problem, 2 days ago before i stoped the printer i do the daily end of the day maintenance , on the next day i filled up my white inks ( i have 80ml carts)  i want to pull the ink from dampers i pulled but nothing coming, okay i put back everything i start the printer i ran a power cleaning , and after a nozzle check 1 of my white was verry bad so i run another, after the 1 whole 1 channel disappeared so i check the lines, and i see i have to much air in the lines, so i tried again to pull from damper but not coming nothing no ink no pressure .. ( maybe im pulling wrong , never do this with dx7 damper idk how is working,) so after i checked the capping station i take out i cleaned out i suck with syringe the tubes everything works fine, so now i dont know what is the problem or how can i solve this issue if anybody know something please help me . thank you and sorry for my bad english :)

Personally I’d never do cleanings without ink flow. Can damage the head seals. 

Is your ink cart pressure pump running? 

1 hour ago, laci said:

yes

I wouldn't know then, unfortunately unless your cartridges are clogged. They have filters in them that can clog, or gunk build up around the port. Me personally on this machine 2 heavy head cleans would clear the white ink from the ink lines.

I do know my next step would be to check the cartridges, if no change then  remove the damper assy and see if I can push fluid from the cartridge bay out of the lines easily. If not, then there is something wrong with that. If it does fine, I would replace the dampers. 

This is of course assuming I had already checked the waste pump had a good suction/seal with cleaning solution and manually rotating it. 

Anytime you don't have ink flow and do a head clean, you risk damaging the printhead in two ways. One the suction of no ink flow can damage the seal on the printhead, it can only handle so much vacuum before there is a permanent leak/damaged seal. Sometimes all it takes is one go.

the other way is with this suction, air will suck back up into the printhead once removed from the capping station and dry out whatever ink is left in there. It's not a good situation to be in frankly because it's a double edge sword on the printhead. If this happens I will wet cap with cleaner directly after a head clean until I can find and fix the issue, this would stop the printhead from having air go up into it and drying out essentially protecting it in that way- if it wasn't damaged from the suction already. I went through 10 of these printers in my day. 

Hopefully you get it situated!

Edited by johnson4

Johnson4 yesterday i take out all dampers the lines and everything to clean , i cleaned the dampers the lines everything with hot water , i see in 1 line the white ink going to damper but in half way stopping and slowly slowly go back ( when the printhead leave the capping station) so what you think will be problem with 1 damper? ( sorry for my bad english)

1 hour ago, laci said:

Johnson4 yesterday i take out all dampers the lines and everything to clean , i cleaned the dampers the lines everything with hot water , i see in 1 line the white ink going to damper but in half way stopping and slowly slowly go back ( when the printhead leave the capping station) so what you think will be problem with 1 damper? ( sorry for my bad english)

It shouldn’t flow back, unless the pressure pump is releasing pressure. If it is, then it’s normal. If dampers are new and function correctly and you manually flushed the ink bay without issue and it’s not the capping station- it only leaves the printhead being clogged very badly. 

the damper was never replaced so the next step will be to change the damper because every line is working only that one not going to damper when the printhead going to capping station to pull ink can be see the inkflow but when the head leave the capping station the ink slowly slowly go back in lines to middle of the line, so thats why i think the damper is the problem

41 minutes ago, laci said:

the damper was never replaced so the next step will be to change the damper because every line is working only that one not going to damper when the printhead going to capping station to pull ink can be see the inkflow but when the head leave the capping station the ink slowly slowly go back in lines to middle of the line, so thats why i think the damper is the problem

This wouldn’t be a damper problem. If it goes forward under capping station suction and sucks air back into it into the lines as you describe without the pressure pump releasing- it’s an ink cartridge/ink bay problem. For whatever reason ink isn’t flowing into the lines from that channel. Usually the cartridge. 

check that cartridge. 

Edited by johnson4

3 hours ago, laci said:

and how can i check if is cartridge problem , sorry im newbie , i have some spare carts but how i can find out if the cardrige is the problem

Personally I have little tips that go on syringes so I can check them. If replacing it doesn’t work, it likely means there is something wrong with the ink bay, which would be odd. 

12 hours ago, laci said:

sorry 2 lines the top 2 , the top one is same like the bottom one (and that white and black is coming from same damper) thats why i think is damper problem

D547EC2A-D5F4-4A16-AC33-ABB5AC85A3C4.jpeg

Maybe. You have one line for the MK, which goes unused generally. 

just let us know it goes when you change the damper.