Epson P600 Roll Printing, need help

Hello, I converted a p600 for dtf, so far everything works. Now I wanted to switch to roll printing. the problem when I load the roll the printer does not recognize the film. my idea was to load normal paper and then exchange it for the petfilm. I did that. If I then click on print, the printer unfortunately says that there is no paper in the printer and that I have to replace the roll. Is there a sensor somewhere that I have to mask or is there another way?

Thank you very much for helping.

6 hours ago, newintown said:

Hello, I converted a p600 for dtf, so far everything works. Now I wanted to switch to roll printing. the problem when I load the roll the printer does not recognize the film. my idea was to load normal paper and then exchange it for the petfilm. I did that. If I then click on print, the printer unfortunately says that there is no paper in the printer and that I have to replace the roll. Is there a sensor somewhere that I have to mask or is there another way?

Thank you very much for helping.

If it's set to roll printing in the RIP then it's the paper sensor on the bottom of the printhead. Just put a white sticker on the edge of the film when loading for the edge detection, it only needs to detect it once if the RIP actually supports roll printing. After that it will print continuously. Generally a good film will be opaque enough to not have to do this though. I have seen the same model of printer have varying results though, I guess sensor sensitivity. 

If the printer works fine the first time, then the 2nd time spits some out, says paper out, and does that over and over again until you remove and reinstall- then that is a RIP setting.