From near perfect test print to nothing

AMartinez

My xp15000 had an almost perfect test print, I didn't want to run out of ink, so I removed carts (OEM Epson carts with dtf ink) refilled them out them back in, and suddenly no ink comes out test after test a couple of head cleanings, nothing, no ink on paper.  What could have happened so suddenly?  Anything I can do to clear possible air in system or clogged nozzles?  But it would have to be every single nozzle clogged which seems improbable.

I watched a video that suggested forcing air with an empty syringe into to of carts while installed in printer, with a paper towel underneath head to see if ink flows out, seems logical but it's that safe to do, without risk of damaging print head?  But that wouldn't help if it's air in the ink system right?

45 minutes ago, AMartinez said:

I watched a video that suggested forcing air with an empty syringe into to of carts while installed in printer, with a paper towel underneath head to see if ink flows out, seems logical but it's that safe to do, without risk of damaging print head?  But that wouldn't help if it's air in the ink system right?

This shouldn't have happened unless you had the carts out for some prolonged period or forgot to remove the air plugs when you reinstalled them. Forcing anything more then 2-3 PSI can be damaging. 

Wet capping with cleaner for 5-10 minutes should fix you up. 

33 minutes ago, johnson4 said:

This shouldn't have happened unless you had the carts out for some prolonged period or forgot to remove the air plugs when you reinstalled them. Forcing anything more then 2-3 PSI can be damaging. 

Wet capping with cleaner for 5-10 minutes should fix you up. 

I'm dumbfounded to say the least, not only were the carts only out for about 10 min, they were about 75% full of ink still, so all I really did was top them off.  And no Plugs to remove, I'm using OEM carts, that have worked flawlessly up until this issue.

I only have regular cleaning fluid not the special labelled "wet capping fluid", do I need that stuff for it to work thoroughly? Also That same video I saw said they cleared their blockage up by wet capping with hot steamy water, what do you think about that method?

Edited by AMartinez

3 minutes ago, AMartinez said:

I'm dumbfounded to say the least, not only were the carts only out for about 10 min, they were about 75% full of ink still, so all I really did was top them off.  And no Plugs to remove, I'm using OEM carts, that have worked flawlessly up until this issue.

I only have regular cleaning fluid not the special labelled "wet capping fluid", do I need that stuff for it to work thoroughly? Also That same video I saw said they cleared their blockage up by wet capping with hot steamy water, what do you think about that method?

Wet capping fluid just has more glycerin in it. I use the same liquid for cleaning and wet capping the printhead to clean it. 

Hot steamy water- no idea. I have never done that. 

23 minutes ago, johnson4 said:

Wet capping fluid just has more glycerin in it. I use the same liquid for cleaning and wet capping the printhead to clean it. 

Hot steamy water- no idea. I have never done that. 

Ok thank you, I'll give it a shot, I really pray that's all it is.