HELP WITH CHOICE / et-8550 VS L1800

Hello Guys, 

i m tired of my xp-15000  because of ink leaks, and "sponge refillable cartridge" who cloag every 2 days.... not very easy to clean

It was working fine during 3 months,  until i use a 3 days filled sponge refillage cartridge, maybe it was a little cloagged, and i sent thick white ink in my printhead.

trying to clean, leaks cleaning fluid everywhere, head has been touched... at a last hope i tried serynge flush, it is worse... i think it is the end i have a error 031002 error seems to be printhead dead nevermind....   it has been repaid with only 3 customers orders so.... no problem.

I m searching for a new printer

I have in my possibilities and available in my country  : ET-8550 or L1800 

My heart goes on the L1800 because i see printhead for replacement at 100-160 dollars.

Anyone has an idea of ET-8550 printhead price ? don't know much about this one

Someone has tried both of them and can give me advice for the best choice ? 

1 hour ago, vivi0512 said:

Hello Guys, 

i m tired of my xp-15000  because of ink leaks, and "sponge refillable cartridge" who cloag every 2 days.... not very easy to clean

It was working fine during 3 months,  until i use a 3 days filled sponge refillage cartridge, maybe it was a little cloagged, and i sent thick white ink in my printhead.

trying to clean, leaks cleaning fluid everywhere, head has been touched... at a last hope i tried serynge flush, it is worse... i think it is the end i have a error 031002 error seems to be printhead dead nevermind....   it has been repaid with only 3 customers orders so.... no problem.

I m searching for a new printer

I have in my possibilities and available in my country  : ET-8550 or L1800 

My heart goes on the L1800 because i see printhead for replacement at 100-160 dollars.

Anyone has an idea of ET-8550 printhead price ? don't know much about this one

Someone has tried both of them and can give me advice for the best choice ? 

Personally neither, the 8550 is a waste of time and money and the L1800 is twice as slow as the 15000. Taking 15 minutes for a “fast” print really isn’t ideal, that would normally take 7 minutes on the 15000. 

there is a guy around here selling decent kits for the 15000, or buy a better converted printer. 

these problems follow every printer using white ink, even the $25,000 ones. You can’t really buy your way out of it and it catches up to everyone eventually.  Experience and proper maintenance is the only real answer to it. 

good luck!

Edited by johnson4

L1800 is slow Even with a less resolution ? 

For example with xp15000 i print at 1440x1440 

But i noticed that at 720x1440 it do the job too and more fast.

I will look about print time on l1800....

But i have no p400 600 or 800 available in my country even not new on ebay.... there is not a lot of choice 

5 hours ago, vivi0512 said:

L1800 is slow Even with a less resolution ? 

For example with xp15000 i print at 1440x1440 

But i noticed that at 720x1440 it do the job too and more fast.

I will look about print time on l1800....

But i have no p400 600 or 800 available in my country even not new on ebay.... there is not a lot of choice 

The l1800 is half as fast. It has 90 nozzles and 6 channels. The xp-15000 has 180 nozzles and 6 channels. 

So whatever the speed produced on the xp-15000 at 1440x720, the L1800 will do half as fast on the same settings. 

So a good example is the L1800 at 1440X720 will be the same print speed as the Xp-15000 at 1440x1440. 

Its the exact same thing as the Epson 1430 in terms of speed. 

If I had to choose between the two and thats it, I would go with the L1800, because to me the ET isn't an option at all to begin with. It's just asking to toss the money out of the window with this machine in my eyes. 

To me, I would stick it out and learn from the mistakes of the xp-15000, It's a good machine when setup and ran correctly. Worst case, even if you replaced it every 3 months for $350, It's potential profit for 8 hours a day printing at 5 days a week is $1700 per week or $7,000 a month if it was ran the entire 8 hours a day 5 days a week( not cleanings, etc). that's a potential of $19,000  in profit a month on one XP-15000 which was run 7 hours a day, 5 days a week for 3 months. 

$350 would be a drop in the bucket then, especially compared to expensive printheads in the Chinese machines, or the high cost of other compatible Epson printers. 

Good ink, good ink system setup, good maintenance and your golden. 

Edited by johnson4

ok i will test the l1800 because speed is not as important than serenity for me.

We haven't big volumes for the moment so it ll make the job , also when i print full white only, i can low at 1440x720 without quality loss.

And most of the most , printhead is 130-200 dollars, this way i will not replace the printer every time.

I will look at an xp-15000 printhead if i can find it, this way i will have 2 machines for dtf. ( more safe when you have a big order and one printer dies.... )

@johnson4 i seen acrorip 10.1 increase the speed of l1800 by 40% ? with special rip     have you heard about that ? 

Edited by vivi0512

5 hours ago, vivi0512 said:

ok i will test the l1800 because speed is not as important than serenity for me.

We haven't big volumes for the moment so it ll make the job , also when i print full white only, i can low at 1440x720 without quality loss.

And most of the most , printhead is 130-200 dollars, this way i will not replace the printer every time.

I will look at an xp-15000 printhead if i can find it, this way i will have 2 machines for dtf. ( more safe when you have a big order and one printer dies.... )

@johnson4 i seen acrorip 10.1 increase the speed of l1800 by 40% ? with special rip     have you heard about that ? 

I have heard about it but never used it. A 90 nozzle printer can only do so much.

I had three of these printers. They are very slow and clog just as easy as the xp-15000. So I don’t see the gain. Maybe around 6 12” x 12” prints an hour from them. Bump that up to 8 if you really don’t care about the quality.  

of course they work well when they work, just not going to be what you hope for in my opinion. I took a sledgehammer to one of mine just to relieve frustrations after some time. 

it’s all a learning lesson and what works for each of us will be different. Get ya one and try it out and see how it goes. Either way you come away with knowledge which can be priceless.

good luck! 

Edited by johnson4

• 1 month later...