New adhesive powder came loaded with static?

Has anyone had an issue with their powder being fully charged with static? This is only the second bottle of adhesive powder I've purchased, but the first one is totally fine all the way through. This one though, as soon as I opened it anything I put in there the powder clings to it and you can tell it's static. So much so, that if I pour it out of the bottle it actually starts jumping out of the bottle and sticking to the outside of it, and after powdering the print, a lot of it is standing up it almost looks like hair it's not even laying flat on the ink the way it should.

Does anybody have any idea how to fix this, how to discharge the whole bottle? or something I could put in the powder to discharge it?

Do you have a humidity gauge hydrometer?  Ideally you should have humidity somewhere between 35-45% where the machine is located.  I am in Arizona, and let me tell you getting humidity that high here is a chore.  In other areas of the world with winter kicking in, humidity tends to drop.  So that is the first thing I would look at.

28 minutes ago, carlathebluegeckoprinting. said:

Do you have a humidity gauge hydrometer?  Ideally you should have humidity somewhere between 35-45% where the machine is located.  I am in Arizona, and let me tell you getting humidity that high here is a chore.  In other areas of the world with winter kicking in, humidity tends to drop.  So that is the first thing I would look at.

The weird thing was I have the old bottle of powder and the new and only the new has an insane amount of static.  Anyways it turned out to be the plastic bottle it came in, I poured the powder adhesive into another container and all of the static disappeared, And I can still feel the static if I put my hand in that original container, so the plastic itself is charged somehow.  Regardless, my issue is resolved, just tossed out that container.

1 hour ago, AMartinez said:

The weird thing was I have the old bottle of powder and the new and only the new has an insane amount of static.  Anyways it turned out to be the plastic bottle it came in, I poured the powder adhesive into another container and all of the static disappeared, And I can still feel the static if I put my hand in that original container, so the plastic itself is charged somehow.  Regardless, my issue is resolved, just tossed out that container.

Nice simple resolution, haha. I’ve seen some crazy cause and effects for stuff like this. 

4 hours ago, johnson4 said:

Nice simple resolution, haha. I’ve seen some crazy cause and effects for stuff like this. 

Ya this had me going for about a week, it was affecting every cure, because the powder was sticking up like hair off of the the ink in spots, so the good cures were sporadic and completely unpredictable.  I was close to throwing it all out rather than sell prints I couldn't stand behind.  I'm just glad it was a simple resolution in the end.

9 hours ago, AMartinez said:

Ya this had me going for about a week, it was affecting every cure, because the powder was sticking up like hair off of the the ink in spots, so the good cures were sporadic and completely unpredictable.  I was close to throwing it all out rather than sell prints I couldn't stand behind.  I'm just glad it was a simple resolution in the end.

Same here, it’s almost daily some random crud going on. Time consuming, but gotta do it to pay the bills. 

I wish you continued success! 

8 minutes ago, johnson4 said:

Same here, it’s almost daily some random crud going on. Time consuming, but gotta do it to pay the bills. 

I wish you continued success! 

Yessir!  The bane of my existence, and probably all of ours... Bills.  Thank you, and to you as well bud!

• Thanks 1