Epson sc p900 - software is released. Has anyone converted one to dtf?

• Craftyb changed the title to Epson sc p900 - software is released. Has anyone converted one to dtf?
8 hours ago, Craftyb said:

So I was just on Acrorips website and they has a rip for the p900 has anyone converted one?

It’s a beta, I don’t see any Chipless firmware for it and the cartridges are small. I haven’t. The P5000 is well worth the upgrade over it, being over twice as fast and a ton more reliable- basically made for DTF. 

Edited by johnson4

• 1 month later...
On 12/5/2022 at 5:31 AM, johnson4 said:

It’s a beta, I don’t see any Chipless firmware for it and the cartridges are small. I haven’t. The P5000 is well worth the upgrade over it, being over twice as fast and a ton more reliable- basically made for DTF. 

European version can use auto  reset cartridges, just like the 3880. For me a machine like this (if works and last as a p800) 1500 euros is very good price, because the machine still in production and is brand new.

13 minutes ago, Carlos4072 said:

European version can use auto  reset cartridges, just like the 3880. For me a machine like this (if works and last as a p800) 1500 euros is very good price, because the machine still in production and is brand new.

For 1900 Euros you can get a machine that is twice as fast and works 10X better. The Epson 5000.

8 hours ago, johnson4 said:

For 1900 Euros you can get a machine that is twice as fast and works 10X better. The Epson 5000.

Sure, P5000 is a great machine, but here is much more expensive than 1900. You can buy it here for 2500 euros. Anyway i think both are great options. By the way, i have a friend using P5000 but don't detect the dtf film. Any suggestion about this issue ??

6 hours ago, Carlos4072 said:

Sure, P5000 is a great machine, but here is much more expensive than 1900. You can buy it here for 2500 euros. Anyway i think both are great options. By the way, i have a friend using P5000 but don't detect the dtf film. Any suggestion about this issue ??

Wonder why it’s so much. My bad. 

it is a good machine, I have 5 of them and have never encountered the issue. I’ve ran it out of film and it kept printing- so nothing was in there at one point so I am not sure. 

Just disable all the skew/paper detection and use rolls. Maybe add a tiny white sticker under the film where the edge of the film is. 

17 hours ago, johnson4 said:

Wonder why it’s so much. My bad. 

it is a good machine, I have 5 of them and have never encountered the issue. I’ve ran it out of film and it kept printing- so nothing was in there at one point so I am not sure. 

Just disable all the skew/paper detection and use rolls. Maybe add a tiny white sticker under the film where the edge of the film is. 

Thanks a lot for the advice, now the printer is working fine.