Printer won’t print on DTF film sheets

Hi! I’m very new to sublimation & DTF printing. I have an Epson ET 2850 & I cannot get any of the film sheets I’ve ordered to print in my printer. I’ve tried several things like- putting white sun paper between the film sheets, putting white vinyl across the bottom of the film & on the corner trying to convince my printer to pick up the film. The irony of all of this is my friend has the exact same printer & her printer prints DTF sheets with no issue. Does anyone know how to fix this? 

Hi,

Something sounds wrong. An Epson ET 2850... for DTF?
Aside from the issue of not being able to load PET sheets, ET 2850 looks like a normal ecotank printer with 4 colors.
Could work for sublimation, but it simply cannot be used for DTF if it misses the ability to add white ink somewhere.

6 hours ago, redna379 said:

Hi,

Something sounds wrong. An Epson ET 2850... for DTF?
Aside from the issue of not being able to load PET sheets, ET 2850 looks like a normal ecotank printer with 4 colors.
Could work for sublimation, but it simply cannot be used for DTF if it misses the ability to add white ink somewhere.

I agree with this entirely-

but it is possible to do cmyk only DTF. Black ( composite) only ink works well without white ink. Some people use CMYK only on white shirts- but I don’t recommend it. 

Edited by johnson4