What are the requirements of the best DTF film?

What are the requirements to be the best DTF films?

What are the bad cases of the DTF films?

1. Single / Double Coating?

2. Hot / Warm / Cold Peel?

3. How can evaluate the quantity of ink absorption?

and so on.

Thank you for your kind answer in advance.

16 hours ago, Johnson said:

What are the requirements to be the best DTF films?

What are the bad cases of the DTF films?

1. Single / Double Coating?

2. Hot / Warm / Cold Peel?

3. How can evaluate the quantity of ink absorption?

and so on.

Thank you for your kind answer in advance.

There is no such thing. DTF film is preference based. The outcome of each type is the difference in the final transfer application and outcome. Each manufacturer has different quality standards. Every film listed can work great or terrible based on how it is produced from the manufacturer. 

you can evaluate this by testing all film types from your supplier. That’s the typical process to do so. They will likely vary batch to batch as well so expect that to happen. If you find a good supplier though this will be minimal. 

every film you have mentioned I have used good and bad versions of, it all depends in the manufacturer and your experience. Sometimes you just get a bad apple. 

Edited by johnson4
  • Thanks 1

On 10/19/2022 at 4:51 AM, carlathebluegeckoprinting. said:

I can only speak from my own experience, which is not much.  But I have had good luck with single, cold peel film. I have had bad luck with hot peel, but nobody has really seen the issue I saw - so maybe a bad lot?  

On ink absorption, I will leave that to someone more knowledgeable than I.

Thank you for your replying :)

On 10/19/2022 at 6:46 AM, johnson4 said:

There is no such thing. DTF film is preference based. The outcome of each type is the difference in the final transfer application and outcome. Each manufacturer has different quality standards. Every film listed can work great or terrible based on how it is produced from the manufacturer. 

you can evaluate this by testing all film types from your supplier. That’s the typical process to do so. They will likely vary batch to batch as well so expect that to happen. If you find a good supplier though this will be minimal. 

every film you have mentioned I have used good and bad versions of, it all depends in the manufacturer and your experience. Sometimes you just get a bad apple. 

Thank you for your replying :)