Powder shaker brush

Hey there!  I have one of those mini powder shakers that everyone seems to sell. The very generic one. The brush that drives the powder and attaches to the motor is bad. It appears the plastic screw holes are stripped. I’m attempting to fix it and retap it but does anyone with the knowledge of this thing know where to get a new brush for it?

any help would be appreciated!

5 hours ago, Jpop2110 said:

Hey there!  I have one of those mini powder shakers that everyone seems to sell. The very generic one. The brush that drives the powder and attaches to the motor is bad. It appears the plastic screw holes are stripped. I’m attempting to fix it and retap it but does anyone with the knowledge of this thing know where to get a new brush for it?

any help would be appreciated!

Just use a tap set to retap the hole larger, go one size larger and get a matching larger set screw. Both sides need it to be tight or it will slip off the motor shaft. 

If you don’t know they sell M3- thru M-8 tap sets and m3-m8 bolt sets at various lengths. I think it was like $25 for both. 

mine had a steel insert in the center. The issue was the brush was too tight in there causing too much friction once powder was in there. I used an old pair of hair clippers and shorted the bristles a bit at a time until it operated smoothly. Hasn’t broken again yet.

just my DIY solution. Good luck! 

Edited by johnson4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Jpop2110 said:

Thanks so much!  That’s what I was going to do but didn’t know how well that would work!

You’re welcome. Just go slow with the tap is all I can say. I don’t remember exactly but it’s been 6+ months with the repair so it should work. I know I left a few tap sizes to go if it happened again so I had options. Finding a replacement brush was a dead end for me. 

Edited by johnson4
  • Thanks 1