DTF Convertation: EPSON P50/T50

marq

Hey!

I was just a little bored and tried to transform a Epson P50(T50). My first attempt in ever! So far so good, I have Acrorip 10 and am a little overwhelmed because the printer is not listed there. Which printer model could work then? I just tried it with the L805 and also got a relatively good result, but maybe it was just luck.

My problem: I can not print the last 2 inches. By removing the pizza wheels, the film no longer holds at the end and slides from side to side. 

Anyone a suggestion for the printer model and my other problem?

Edited by marq

• marq changed the title to DTF Convertation: EPSON P50/T50
6 hours ago, marq said:

Hey!

I was just a little bored and tried to transform a Epson P50(T50). My first attempt in ever! So far so good, I have Acrorip 10 and am a little overwhelmed because the printer is not listed there. Which printer model could work then? I just tried it with the L805 and also got a relatively good result, but maybe it was just luck.

My problem: I can not print the last 2 inches. By removing the pizza wheels, the film no longer holds at the end and slides from side to side. 

Anyone a suggestion for the printer model and my other problem?

That is normal, removing the star wheels does that with sheet printing. Some users create a suction platform, but usually doesn't help. It's just the nature of the beast. Normally the star wheels would pull the last 2 inches forward with the front rollers. 

Other than that, glad it's working. 

5 hours ago, johnson4 said:

That is normal, removing the star wheels does that with sheet printing. Some users create a suction platform, but usually doesn't help. It's just the nature of the beast. Normally the star wheels would pull the last 2 inches forward with the front rollers. 

Other than that, glad it's working. 

Thank you for your reply. After thinking about it, it is even logical. Now I also found out that the printhead is the same as on the L800/L805, so it probably works. Lucky me ;-)

4 hours ago, marq said:

Thank you for your reply. After thinking about it, it is even logical. Now I also found out that the printhead is the same as on the L800/L805, so it probably works. Lucky me ;-)

Yep, can’t convert any old printer so got lucky in that for sure.