Epson XP-15000 DTF not printing at all

DillyTimes2

I just bought, and converted, an Epson XP15000. I did the conversion and it’s never once printed anything. Not with DTF ink, nor regular ink. The print head will go through the motions like it’s printing, but nothing gets printed. My carts are primed, the air plug is removed. I’ve installed the chipless firmware from InkChip. Im completely lost here and can’t figure out what went wrong, and what’s worse is that I can’t seem to find ANYONE online who’s come across this problem. 

anyone out there have an idea of what went wrong or what I can do to fix it?

9 hours ago, DillyTimes2 said:

I just bought, and converted, an Epson XP15000. I did the conversion and it’s never once printed anything. Not with DTF ink, nor regular ink. The print head will go through the motions like it’s printing, but nothing gets printed. My carts are primed, the air plug is removed. I’ve installed the chipless firmware from InkChip. Im completely lost here and can’t figure out what went wrong, and what’s worse is that I can’t seem to find ANYONE online who’s come across this problem. 

anyone out there have an idea of what went wrong or what I can do to fix it?

Are you using regular paper or film? If you are using film, some film isn’t recognized by the sensor on the printhead. Double sided film would fix that issue, if it’s paper, then obviously not the issue. 

I’ve also had this a symptom of the Chipless firmware as well. I had to power on the printer and then unplug it ( not power it off properly) then press and hold the power button 5-10 seconds. I did this several times and it would work eventually. 

it’s a PITA sometimes but once you get it going it fine. 

it could also just be a defective printer. 

Edited by johnson4

2 hours ago, johnson4 said:

Are you using regular paper or film? If you are using film, some film isn’t recognized by the sensor on the printhead. Double sided film would fix that issue, if it’s paper, then obviously not the issue. 

I’ve also had this a symptom of the Chipless firmware as well. I had to power on the printer and then unplug it ( not power it off properly) then press and hold the power button 5-10 seconds. I did this several times and it would work eventually. 

it’s a PITA sometimes but once you get it going it fine. 

it could also just be a defective printer. 

I’ve used both regular paper and film in order to find a solution but nothing has worked thus far. I’ll try the power solution you mentioned and see if that works. 

17 minutes ago, DillyTimes2 said:

I’ve used both regular paper and film in order to find a solution but nothing has worked thus far. I’ll try the power solution you mentioned and see if that works. 

Could always remove the Chipless firmware with an update and see if it still does it as well.