Does anyone know why the roller part of a shaker/dryer machine would'nt work?

Hello, 

I have this machine that I bought and the mechanism that rolls the film on the core wont turn on. Does it have a relay switch that only activates when a certain temp is reached? I have tried messing with the settings and have no idea what any of them mean. It is a 24" machine and everything else works, but this part does not. Let me know if there is anything that I might be missing! 

4 hours ago, dtfmatt253 said:

Hello, 

I have this machine that I bought and the mechanism that rolls the film on the core wont turn on. Does it have a relay switch that only activates when a certain temp is reached? I have tried messing with the settings and have no idea what any of them mean. It is a 24" machine and everything else works, but this part does not. Let me know if there is anything that I might be missing! 

I have had several things fail to cause this on multiple shakers.

1. The relay has failed. 

2. the motor has failed

3. the sensor is failing to trigger the relay

4. bad wiring. 

some run on an AC motor, some use DC. Likely your machine uses AC. I have had 2 of those fail, when they do it's almost immediately. Sometimes you can replace the start capacitor and it's fine, sometimes it's the windings. I throw them in the trash and convert them to DC since they are over $100 just for the motor, while a DC counterpart is like $15 and haven't had one fail without extensive use. Not to mention DC is safer if the wires to it are dangling. 

A simpler more common issue is there is a forward/reverse switch on the front/side of the roller unit, there is also an " off" position on the switch. Make sure it's not in the off position. Also, The sensor in the bottom of the "duster bay" must be triggered to make it work.