L1800 ink and paper lights blinking at the same time

Coders

I was printed a couple of images and everything seemed fine. The last image i printed was a test image i always print it came out real bright. Then there was a burning smell and I keep getting the paper and ink light error on the printer. Do anyone know what this can be? Did my print head go bad or some other part. Any help would be appreciated.

23 minutes ago, Coders said:

I was printed a couple of images and everything seemed fine. The last image i printed was a test image i always print it came out real bright. Then there was a burning smell and I keep getting the paper and ink light error on the printer. Do anyone know what this can be? Did my print head go bad or some other part. Any help would be appreciated.

Use wic reset to see what the code is

Sorry for the late response i didnt have access to my printer. Its giving fatal error 0x42 Printer head failure. X-Hot detection error during flushing. Head thermistor detects abnormal temperature. Main board failure. So the problem would be the print head? Or is it my main board?

9 hours ago, Coders said:

Sorry for the late response i didnt have access to my printer. Its giving fatal error 0x42 Printer head failure. X-Hot detection error during flushing. Head thermistor detects abnormal temperature. Main board failure. So the problem would be the print head? Or is it my main board?

Could be both. When the printhead shorts out so could the mainboard. Any spills or anything like that in the head cable?

I got the hot head cable often on a p600, I had to reseat the head cable on it to fix it.

The “ smelling something burning” is the part that gets me. I’d worry damaging a new component and replace both. 

8 minutes ago, Coders said:

I did splash some cleaning solution earlier that day when it happened. Ill try to reseat the head cable. If not ill get a replacement for the main board and the print head. Thank you.

No problem, if the cleaner got down on the head cable then it’s likely both. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...