Heard it's possible to keep side rollers in on P800...don't see how?

I've seen comments on here and on Facebook groups where people claim they leave the side rollers in to keep the film down and to be able to closer to the bottom of a sheet. Is this possible on the P800? The rollers are connected to pieces of plastic (about 4 inches wide) and I don't see a way of removing all of them except one.

14 minutes ago, Mdrake2016 said:

I've seen comments on here and on Facebook groups where people claim they leave the side rollers in to keep the film down and to be able to closer to the bottom of a sheet. Is this possible on the P800? The rollers are connected to pieces of plastic (about 4 inches wide) and I don't see a way of removing all of them except one.

They all just unclip. I removed all mine because if not, having only grip on one side with roll printing causes it to feed sideways after some time. Meaning 40 foot in, it’ll be a 1/4 inch to the right from where it started causing misaligned prints and head strikes.  Without the rollers this doesn’t happen. 

however with sheets, it’s likely ideal. 

Edited by johnson4

Just now, johnson4 said:

They all just unclip. I removed all mine because if not, having only grip on one side with roll printing causes it to feed sideways after some time. Meaning 40 foot in, it’ll be a 1/4 inch to the right from where it started. Without the rollers this doesn’t happen. 

however with sheets, it’s likely ideal. 

The way they clip is why I don't see how it's possible. Removing the clip removes all of the rollers on the side...at least 4 inches in. Am I not seeing something? 

5 hours ago, Mdrake2016 said:

The way they clip is why I don't see how it's possible. Removing the clip removes all of the rollers on the side...at least 4 inches in. Am I not seeing something? 

If you use 13” film and leave the last one in, 1\2 rollers will catch the film edge.