Acrorip vs cadlink banding issues

I was ready to pull the trigger on cadlink for my l1800 when I came across someone on a forum saying they had banding issues no matter what with the software. 
  So I look at acrorip 10.5 and the features they list make it sound superior to cadlink. Ive also heard after version 9 it’s not the same program and people running it. 
  Yet when you go to what I thought was the biggest suppliers they only offer cadlink. 
  What’s your thoughts? Is banding a major issue?

2 hours ago, lostinspace727 said:

I was ready to pull the trigger on cadlink for my l1800 when I came across someone on a forum saying they had banding issues no matter what with the software. 
  So I look at acrorip 10.5 and the features they list make it sound superior to cadlink. Ive also heard after version 9 it’s not the same program and people running it. 
  Yet when you go to what I thought was the biggest suppliers they only offer cadlink. 
  What’s your thoughts? Is banding a major issue?

Cadlink has improved greatly over the last year, so if the post was within that time, I would take it with a grain of salt. 

Cadlink is push button, everything else requires testing and learning- sometimes weeks before getting good results. Cadlink also offers in your face support. 

so for suppliers, Cadlink is an easy solution. However, it does lack features for advanced users that should come out as an add in eventually. Cadlink print modes are all the settings pre made, some see this good, some see this bad. Personally I didn’t like it because those settings were not good. Now they are pretty decent. 

Edited by johnson4