Offset white issues on PNG/raster but not vector

Hi,
I'm getting an offset white on a print that has been printed from a high resolution PNG but when printing the same artwork in a vectored format the offset is not present.
Would there be any reason for this?

Left - Vector
Right PNG raster.

For this we're able to use the vector going forward, but are not often always able to vectorise a print before sending to RIP.

New to this as I'm used to troubleshooting for DTG and didn't want to assume similarities.

Thank you and I apologise if this is already a topic!

IMG_0331.jpg

2 hours ago, HC2O said:

Hi,
I'm getting an offset white on a print that has been printed from a high resolution PNG but when printing the same artwork in a vectored format the offset is not present.
Would there be any reason for this?

Left - Vector
Right PNG raster.

For this we're able to use the vector going forward, but are not often always able to vectorise a print before sending to RIP.

New to this as I'm used to troubleshooting for DTG and didn't want to assume similarities.

Thank you and I apologise if this is already a topic!

IMG_0331.jpg

I see white peeking on them both, one is just hardly at all. 

I only have this issue with low quality PNG files AND with cadlink. My other rips don't do this. When vectorized or using a higher quality PNG, this doesn't happen. I have never seen an actual high quality image do this. Alot goes into it but more than likely it's just a bad PNG file. 

To test, Export your vector as a PNG at 300 DPI twice the size you are going to print it at for safe measure. Scale it down and print it in the RIP. If it still does it- then I have no idea if your printer is tuned correctly. If it doesn't do it- Then it's just the poor quality image. 

Edited by johnson4

17 hours ago, johnson4 said:

I see white peeking on them both, one is just hardly at all. 

I only have this issue with low quality PNG files AND with cadlink. My other rips don't do this. When vectorized or using a higher quality PNG, this doesn't happen. I have never seen an actual high quality image do this. Alot goes into it but more than likely it's just a bad PNG file. 

To test, Export your vector as a PNG at 300 DPI twice the size you are going to print it at for safe measure. Scale it down and print it in the RIP. If it still does it- then I have no idea if your printer is tuned correctly. If it doesn't do it- Then it's just the poor quality image. 

Thank you for your help, It's a rasterised vector within Illustrator that we'd tested - so 300dpi at printing size.
And if there's peeking that you can see on the vector file I may have to look into the machine too to be sure.

Will test an overly large file too.

Thanks again for your input.