Jump to content

Finding exact printhead needed (p800)


Recommended Posts

I basically ruined my P800 just 2 days after using it. It is VERY sensitive with how the exit tray needs to be. Any millimeter off seems to cause head strikes. It basically mangled the film and the printer kept printing and now 1 white channel has 90% missing nozzles, and some of the the other channels missing some nozzles throughout. 
 

I started looking online to find out what printhead is needed to replace it but I can’t figure out the exact one. When going to allprintheads.com, they have the P800 printhead part number as F196020. On Aliexpress, they have it as F196000. Then another website has it as F196030. 
 

How do I figure out exactly which one I actually need?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mdrake2016 said:

I basically ruined my P800 just 2 days after using it. It is VERY sensitive with how the exit tray needs to be. Any millimeter off seems to cause head strikes. It basically mangled the film and the printer kept printing and now 1 white channel has 90% missing nozzles, and some of the the other channels missing some nozzles throughout. 
 

I started looking online to find out what printhead is needed to replace it but I can’t figure out the exact one. When going to allprintheads.com, they have the P800 printhead part number as F196020. On Aliexpress, they have it as F196000. Then another website has it as F196030. 
 

How do I figure out exactly which one I actually need?

Yea, That can happen. The output tray should be lower than the rollers in the front. If you get at it immediately with cleaner though usually it's fine. 

 

The printhead can be purchased directly from Epson for $850. They say the P600 head works in it, but I have tried 3 different heads and it DOES NOT. However, the P800 head works in the p600. Weird. 

 

 

This is what I was told by my regular Epson parts distributor for the P800. 

 

The Epson part number is F196040, and the Epson list price is $842.44, plus shipping and sales tax."  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oddly enough, the P600 printhead is like $550. But, I can confirm I haven't been able to do that, unless the p600 had a p800 head in it from a previous swap.

 

Personally, I doubt you'll save much by buying one elsewhere, but from Epson direct at least you'll know it's brand new. 

Edited by johnson4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Buy from Epson if you can. At aliexpress they are refurbished which means they removed a used printhead's golden plate and glued a New plate. So you are buying used printhead which you risk how much electronic life it has left for you. Or glue loosing itself over time and channels mixing together.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, johnson4 said:

Oddly enough, the P600 printhead is like $550. But, I can confirm I haven't been able to do that, unless the p600 had a p800 head in it from a previous swap.

 

Personally, I doubt you'll save much by buying one elsewhere, but from Epson direct at least you'll know it's brand new. 

I am having a tough time finding a way to buy it direct from Epson. I’ll have to email them and see what they say. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mdrake2016 said:

I am having a tough time finding a way to buy it direct from Epson. I’ll have to email them and see what they say. 

https://compassmicro.com/products/inkjet/surecolor-p800.html

 

It's a distributor/ repair center for Epson.

They removed the listing, but you can just email them. be sure to say the part number and printer. You'll need your printer serial number.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/20/2022 at 5:46 PM, johnson4 said:

https://compassmicro.com/products/inkjet/surecolor-p800.html

 

It's a distributor/ repair center for Epson.

They removed the listing, but you can just email them. be sure to say the part number and printer. You'll need your printer serial number.  

For now, it looks like my prints are acceptable...1 White channel is the biggest problem and increasing the percentage has been working so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Mdrake2016 said:

For now, it looks like my prints are acceptable...1 White channel is the biggest problem and increasing the percentage has been working so far.

That’s good. I had 4 channels go out 50 percent( the part striking the film). 
 

I’ve been using my “cleaning p800” to do head cleans with cleaner. I’ve got it all back except 2 rows in total, still working on it. 
 

if the head was $500 I’d buy one in a heartbeat. Basically $900- it’s quite a bit and I would consider the P5000 at that point instead. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, johnson4 said:

That’s good. I had 4 channels go out 50 percent( the part striking the film). 
 

I’ve been using my “cleaning p800” to do head cleans with cleaner. I’ve got it all back except 2 rows in total, still working on it. 
 

if the head was $500 I’d buy one in a heartbeat. Basically $900- it’s quite a bit and I would consider the P5000 at that point instead. 

Don’t try the p600 head in there, even if it boots, it’s just Waste time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...