Soaking solution

Hi All. Could anybody suggest a fluid that I can use for my Epson P-600 when I'm not using white inks in 4 of the channels.I was using Kodak flushing solution But i now realize that was the wrong liquid to use. As eventually it results in head damage IE ink channels contaminating each other due to the seals breaking down over time. In the past I've used distilled water but that just seemed to block the channels.

So if anyone has got an idea what I can use that would be most appreciated.

Regards to all ☺️ 

4 hours ago, clivelaw said:

Hi All. Could anybody suggest a fluid that I can use for my Epson P-600 when I'm not using white inks in 4 of the channels.I was using Kodak flushing solution But i now realize that was the wrong liquid to use. As eventually it results in head damage IE ink channels contaminating each other due to the seals breaking down over time. In the past I've used distilled water but that just seemed to block the channels.

So if anyone has got an idea what I can use that would be most appreciated.

Regards to all ☺️ 

I flush manually with distilled water, once fully flushed I replace the dampers for those channels then load carts with cleaner in it. Do another couple ink charges and it’s good to go. 

Just make sure to use cleaning solution or capping station solution. You’ll still waste the solution anyway doing head cleans and whatnot so it’s not ideal. 

I’ll pm you. 

I know many use diluted windex with ammonia as their cleaning solution, at least one major seller of "cleaning fluid" was selling Uline branded window cleaner as their cleaning fluid.  I haven't figured out what I am going to use yet but I have grabbed a few things...  Windex with ammonia, ammonia and I always have 91% IPA on hand.  I also have an RODI unit which will provide just as clean of water as distillation.  I have seen simply distilled water suggested as a capping fluid.  I need to pull the MSDS on some of these cleaning solutions, you know, to stay in compliance!