Xp15000 carriage strikes on paper

anum11

Hi,

I made a dtf xp15000, but when printing on paper carriage strikes paper on where the rollers was. Is there something additional to do, or should i impovise it. I tried to use thick paper setting but did not work. Using acrorip 10.3. any hints would be helpful

5 hours ago, anum11 said:

Hi,

I made a dtf xp15000, but when printing on paper carriage strikes paper on where the rollers was. Is there something additional to do, or should i impovise it. I tried to use thick paper setting but did not work. Using acrorip 10.3. any hints would be helpful

If your output tray is the right height and level it shouldnt do that. 

Edited by johnson4

On 3/2/2022 at 1:31 AM, Chevelle said:

Mine did the same thing when i bought it, I just use a piece of cardboard on top of output try level where the sides of the output tray go up. 

Can you put a picture here, i did not understand what you meant well enough.

19 hours ago, johnson4 said:

The original output tray- he put cardboard on it to to make it taller and flat and support the whole sheet.

Printhead goes to paper too close. I removed whole wheel assambly, was that supporting to other Side of carriage? Because it seems like one side of carriage drops down after leaving cap and because of that there is literally no space between. I closed Epson monitor too. I am trying to adjust printer for thick paper but it does not do anything diffirent.

5 hours ago, anum11 said:

Also my catridge levels never goes lower with chipless software btw.

That’s awesome, that was my biggest issue with the 15000, I mean aside from the crappy aftermarket carts. 

it has been awhile now though since I’ve used one. 

i still have a new one here. I plan on trying acro 11 when it comes out. 

Edited by johnson4

11 hours ago, johnson4 said:

That’s awesome, that was my biggest issue with the 15000, I mean aside from the crappy aftermarket carts. 

it has been awhile now though since I’ve used one. 

i still have a new one here. I plan on trying acro 11 when it comes out. 

False alert, catridge counts goes down, but my ink and film was good so i was using too little ink. Now tried with full settings it goes down to empty around 120-150cm.

However yes, printhead moves up before printing starts, it waits before feeding paper and adjust it. I opened the setting in driver. On acrorip 10.3 setting does not work, so printhead strikes nomatter what. With this setting it barely does not touch the film at full ink settings. Any minor mistake it will strike the film again. However once it is adjusted on auto shaker, it wont strike at all with thick paper setting.

I use 720*720 resolution, so print speed and quality is also good.

Edited by anum11

7 hours ago, anum11 said:

False alert, catridge counts goes down, but my ink and film was good so i was using too little ink. Now tried with full settings it goes down to empty around 120-150cm.

However yes, printhead moves up before printing starts, it waits before feeding paper and adjust it. I opened the setting in driver. On acrorip 10.3 setting does not work, so printhead strikes nomatter what. With this setting it barely does not touch the film at full ink settings. Any minor mistake it will strike the film again. However once it is adjusted on auto shaker, it wont strike at all with thick paper setting.

I use 720*720 resolution, so print speed and quality is also good.

Yea, it’sa good fast printer especially for the price as long as you keep from wetting the head electronics.