Questions from a Newb

18 minutes ago, kcinnick said:

Ok, maybe I'll grab a 15000.

I was looking at stirrers for the white ink tanks on the 8550.  I'd prefer cartridges for what I want to do, I'll can just swap the white with a cleaner cartridge when I am not using it.  Honestly I was only leaning towards the 8550 because it is AVAILABLE.  I didn't realize it was slow, I just assumed it was up to speed with the other current printers out there.  

I wonder if I could print some TPU seals for the 15000... I hope a p400 falls in my lap at a good price.

Probably not, the ridges left would likely create a bad seal. 

I was going to pull, measure and replicate the stock seals and remake them in solid rubber/foam type of material from a laser cutter. Maybe a little taller, so it is firmly sealed.  I forget what it’s called exactly. This will stop the leaking , in theory. 

I found out the hard way you can’t use water washable UV resin with this ink- lol. Even when it’s cured. So I’ll re attempt my damper adapter with standard UV resin. If it works, I don’t see why I couldn’t make a cartridge. 

Edited by johnson4

On 2/26/2022 at 10:30 PM, johnson4 said:

Probably not, the ridges left would likely create a bad seal. 

I was going to pull, measure and replicate the stock seals and remake them in solid rubber/foam type of material from a laser cutter. Maybe a little taller, so it is firmly sealed.  I forget what it’s called exactly. This will stop the leaking , in theory. 

I found out the hard way you can’t use water washable UV resin with this ink- lol. Even when it’s cured. So I’ll re attempt my damper adapter with standard UV resin. If it works, I don’t see why I couldn’t make a cartridge. 

I have seen your posts from when you said DTF didn't have a nice of hand as screen or DTG but now you seem to think DTF can be as good.  While I am waiting on supplies can you give us some tips on how to get a soft hand?