Slowdown in the movement of the carriage during printing

YuraBz

Hello everyone, I want to discuss important topic, I think each of us has encountered a slowdown in the movement of the carriage during printing, this is due to both excess weight and the deposition of ink on the shaft and additional cable channel.
The Chinese printer came up with a booster for the carriage engine, did anyone use one?

Is it possible to increase the working power of the carriage engine without a complete replacement of the motherboard?

Hi, your cr motor emits more voltage than it needs because of the things attached to carriage. When it happens mainboard thinks ve motor is overheating and slows it. You can put these in and trick the board, while at it place a heatsink to cr motor to accually cool it.

• Thanks 1

Ok i explain.

First of all convert printer to DTG/UV or whatever. Then test it, make sure CR assembly is not jamming/Stucking at left or right side because once you modify printer mainboard , CR motor jamming protection may work or may not work because CR assembly jamming is sensed by sensing CR motor current and you are gonna make epson mainboard fool that CR motor is taking less current.So This should be last step of conversion process.

Check attached Diagram of L1800 / 1430 Printer.

IC A6628 is responsible for driving CR motor. R59 Marked in diagram is responsible for CR motor current sense.Attach other resistor parallel with 0.24E resistor.For Example attache 0.5E resistor parallel with 0.24E resistor.This cause current sense voltage to drop and make epson mainboard fool that current consumption is low and cause CR motor to run at full speed all the time.

I have not tried above method till now because of lack of time.This must work as per theory.You may try at your own risk.If your CR motor Jam or Stuck then it may burn IC A6628 so beaware.I will also update on this post once i do experiment witch actual resistor value and all.

I_Sense.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 16/12/2021 at 05:11, Chaitanya said:

Ok spiego.

Prima di tutto converti la stampante in DTG/UV o altro. Quindi provalo, assicurati che l'assieme CR non si blocchi/si blocchi sul lato sinistro o destro perché una volta modificata la scheda madre della stampante, la protezione da inceppamento del motore CR potrebbe funzionare o non funzionare perché l'inceppamento dell'assieme CR viene rilevato dal rilevamento della corrente del motore CR e lo farai fai ingannare la scheda madre epson che il motore CR sta prendendo meno corrente. Quindi questo dovrebbe essere l'ultimo passaggio del processo di conversione.

Controllare lo schema allegato della stampante L1800 / 1430.

IC A6628 è responsabile dell'azionamento del motore CR. R59 Contrassegnato nel diagramma è responsabile del rilevamento della corrente del motore CR. Collegare un altro resistore in parallelo con un resistore da 0,24 E. Ad esempio, collegare un resistore da 0,5 E in parallelo con un resistore da 0,24 E. Ciò provoca la caduta della tensione di rilevamento della corrente e la scheda madre epson inganna il consumo di corrente è basso e fare in modo che il motore CR funzioni sempre alla massima velocità.

Finora non ho provato il metodo sopra per mancanza di tempo. Questo deve funzionare come da teoria. Puoi provare a tuo rischio. Se il tuo motore CR si inceppa o è bloccato, potrebbe bruciare l'IC A6628, quindi fai attenzione. Aggiornerò anche su questo post una volta che sperimento il valore effettivo del resistore e tutto il resto.

Io_Senso.jpg

hello, if I connect a resistor d to 5 ohm, interrupting the motor line, that is, I put it in parallel, one resistance side on the negative and one on the positive?

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...

On 3/15/2023 at 2:18 PM, tangkibot said:

ok, share how to made it.

Just wondering if you ever attempted to put a resistor in parallel on the cr motor sense circuit, and did this work.

What resistor value did you find out  worked?