Issues with Cadlink

Hey everyone, I’ve been having some issues with my cadlink rip software connecting to the printer. Every time i try to print or check printer status from cadlink it says data cannot be retrieved from port, please check that the printer is online and connected. Tried to reach out to cadlink but I didn’t get a response. Anyone else have this issue that might be able to shed some light on this. Thanks ! 

2 hours ago, thedesignlabmiami said:

Hey everyone, I’ve been having some issues with my cadlink rip software connecting to the printer. Every time i try to print or check printer status from cadlink it says data cannot be retrieved from port, please check that the printer is online and connected. Tried to reach out to cadlink but I didn’t get a response. Anyone else have this issue that might be able to shed some light on this. Thanks ! 

Good luck with Cadlink. It’s likely a simple issue, I ran into 10-15 “simple issues” before getting going. All their customer service did was talk about the programs features and what a great price it was, not about helping me. After 90 days unless you cough you more cash for customer service, they cut that off too. 

I use EKprint because it’s simple and works, i print faster, easier, and I’ve  always gotten support from the guy even years later. Sure it’s locked per model, but that’s what trials are for. 

i have Cadlink, acro, EKprint and I trialed kothari. I at this point chose EKprint, and have used it for the last 5 years. For reasons like this. 

sorry I can’t help, good luck! 

Edited by johnson4

3 hours ago, thedesignlabmiami said:

Go to Queue, Manage Queues, and under Printer and Port, select the correct option from the dropdown. On mine, it's just the name of my printer.

Cadlink support sucks...there's no way to contact them through email and every time I called, I left a voicemail. The lady that called back didn't seem to know how to fix the issues that I had. I've had better luck through online forums but still, there are things I can't figure out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thedesignlabmiami said:

I actually tely received a call back from a tech named Frank. He remote accessed my computer super quick. Had me on the phone 5 min. Issue fixed. Was a simple issue with the queue manager and the port selected like MDrake mentioned.  Thanks for your response guys 🙏🙏

Glad it worked out for you, and I hope it continues that way :)