L1800 UV Ink tank location and wiper blade position question

Chaitanya

Hello Friends

I have successfully converted Epson L1800 to UV but i have some question and  facing some problem with printer.

I am using Partner Rip as for now.

Following is my questions and problems.

(1) What should be wiper blade position during printing process ? My wiper blade remains 90 degree to head during printing. Shouldn't it to face head while printing?can any one provide wiper blade position sequence ?

(2) When i start printing large object it prints vivid colour and super quality but slowly slowly print becomes faint if i do ink flush from Epson utility  again printer start printing in vivid colour and then slowly slowly becomes faint after few prints.What should be reason of it ? is it air leakage of dampers ?

(3) I have removed Epson original tank and added UV ink bottles for ink supply by drilling two hole on top of bottle one for ink cap and one for air.What should be height of ink bottles compared to print head.If i rise height of bottles then ink continuously leaking through head.If i lower bottles then i need to do ink charge frequently to maintain print quality.

Awaiting response from your side!!!

On 11/28/2021 at 2:02 PM, Chaitanya said:

Hello Friends

I have successfully converted Epson L1800 to UV but i have some question and  facing some problem with printer.

I am using Partner Rip as for now.

Following is my questions and problems.

(1) What should be wiper blade position during printing process ? My wiper blade remains 90 degree to head during printing. Shouldn't it to face head while printing?can any one provide wiper blade position sequence ?

- it is normal but you May need UV OEM wiper blade later on. UV heat will destroy original wiper in time.

(2) When i start printing large object it prints vivid colour and super quality but slowly slowly print becomes faint if i do ink flush from Epson utility  again printer start printing in vivid colour and then slowly slowly becomes faint after few prints.What should be reason of it ? is it air leakage of dampers ?

-if there were Air leaking you would not get any ink at all. Your tanks are possibly staying too low and inks drops back to tanks and you printer starves ink. If you put too high it will leak through head you should try and adjust it manually.

(3) I have removed Epson original tank and added UV ink bottles for ink supply by drilling two hole on top of bottle one for ink cap and one for air.What should be height of ink bottles compared to print head.If i rise height of bottles then ink continuously leaking through head.If i lower bottles then i need to do ink charge frequently to maintain print quality.

- already answered on second.

Awaiting response from your side!!!

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Chaitanya said:

I ordered new dampers . Will try and update on forum for result.

Supplier sent me two photo of UV dampers one with silver foil and another one with black foil .

Can anyone explain the difference between silver foil and black foil Dampers for UV?

Im not sure but maybe silver mean they are made of aluminum to avoid plastic damage from uv inks

• Thanks 1