Epson ET-8550 Maintenance !!! Easy Way To Remove Ink From Print head And Maintenance

Hangry Muscle

5 hours ago, Hangry Muscle said:

Its been over a month since using the Epson Eco tank ET-8550 for DTF (direct to film) printing and so far everything has been great. This is the first cleaning I have done since buying the printer. Usually I just do the printhead clean function. Today I did the full on maintenance.

Epson Ecotank ET-8550 Maintenance Video

How do you mix and prevent the white ink from settling? 

5 hours ago, johnson4 said:

How do you mix and prevent the white ink from settling? 

Seems alright, keep at it you’ll figure it out.

I’ll just assume pull /shake/ refill daily on the white.

One advice, i would be careful sucking air back through the printhead like that when you were emptying the damper.

personally I have a hard time justifying print time and printer cost, but there really aren’t a ton of options-right now. 

6 hours ago, johnson4 said:

Seems alright, keep at it you’ll figure it out.

I’ll just assume pull /shake/ refill daily on the white.

One advice, i would be careful sucking air back through the printhead like that when you were emptying the damper.

personally I have a hard time justifying print time and printer cost, but there really aren’t a ton of options-right now. 

I print off and on, so far no issues with white, I did start shaking the inks in printer. And yeah someone else mentioned air too, next time I'll skip that and just clear the tanks. The printer has been fantastic compared to the Xp15000s I use.

5 hours ago, Hangry Muscle said:

I print off and on, so far no issues with white, I did start shaking the inks in printer. And yeah someone else mentioned air too, next time I'll skip that and just clear the tanks. The printer has been fantastic compared to the Xp15000s I use.

That’s good. Yea, if they ever come out with a damper style manifold for that printer, I think it would be Golden. What’s the speed on that one? The xp 15000 does a 12x12 in roughly 4 minutes cmykW. It’s hard to judge by the video. 

2 hours ago, Hangry Muscle said:

So far it's been great. 

XP-15000 I think is faster. Here's a video of a full print. Its like 12 mins to print.

DTF Et-8550 A3+ Film  Full Printout

So it’s probably 90 nozzles X 6, like the l1800 and 1430. 

you could easily modify that ink system and run that printer with an external tank, or an automatic mixer, or simply using a syringe and recycling the ink manually which would only take a few minutes every day. The cmyk never settles, at least it hasn’t in months on my end. So doing the white only would save time. I know the eco tanks are built much cheaper, so my concern now would be the quality of the wiper/ capping station. 

What were the issues you had with the 15000? I designed some resin cartridge adapters and laser cut some silicone for it. I haven’t tested it yet, but it makes the 15000 have the “nipple” for regular dampers with no chance of leaking. In my eyes I’m still stuck on it being a great candidate, at least for a throw away printer. If it was $350 every 6-12 months, it would be one of the easiest and cheapest running machines, especially if you just slap in a damper and it’s golden.