Xp-15000 roll printing

TammyBerg

3 hours ago, TammyBerg said:

I saw comments a while back where it's possible to roll print. I believe it was Johnson4 that mentioned it. I can't find it now. 

Can someone help me find the link or video. Or maybe share your experiences?  I just bought a roll and am excited to use it. 

You need to install the form feed file for EKprint, and make some sort of roll holder for the film. The first time you load the film, it loads like a sheet of paper. After that, it doesn’t spit the film out. You set the gap between the prints in EKprint. 

just be sure to watch your ink levels, it will spit the film out if they run out while it’s loaded. The trick around it, pause your print job in windows print queue when it’s low, when the last print finishes, just pull out and put in the waste tank- this resets the ink. 

Refill your ink if needed of course, resume printing in windows, repeat. 

you also unfortunately cannot do a head clean while the film is loaded, not at least when I did it.

Edited by johnson4

• 2 months later...
On 11/7/2021 at 2:52 PM, johnson4 said:

You need to install the form feed file for EKprint, and make some sort of roll holder for the film. The first time you load the film, it loads like a sheet of paper. After that, it doesn’t spit the film out. You set the gap between the prints in EKprint. 

just be sure to watch your ink levels, it will spit the film out if they run out while it’s loaded. The trick around it, pause your print job in windows print queue when it’s low, when the last print finishes, just pull out and put in the waste tank- this resets the ink. 

Refill your ink if needed of course, resume printing in windows, repeat. 

you also unfortunately cannot do a head clean while the film is loaded, not at least when I did it.

Where do I get the form feed file for EKprint?