xp-15000 rear feed issues

SnowmanWI

all of the sudden this morning my film will feed and then jump forward about an inch and then a jam error. Was fine last night. In a time crunch today. Any advice would be amazing.  This happens in any application with plain paper as well.  Cassette will feed and print fine.

Any thoughts

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, SnowmanWI said:

all of the sudden this morning my film will feed and then jump forward about an inch and then a jam error. Was fine last night. In a time crunch today. Any advice would be amazing.  This happens in any application with plain paper as well.  Cassette will feed and print fine.

Any thoughts

Thanks in advance.

Check the PW sensor on the bottom of the printhead. Probably has dried ink on it. 

24 minutes ago, SnowmanWI said:

Thank you!

how do I do that do I need to pull the head? or just paper towel and head cleaner?

I never recommend pulling the head unless you are very experienced/used to it. Since damage is possible, I wouldn't recommend it unless you have a spare printer available. Those ribbon cables are only good for so many times being plugged/unplugged. However, if you are used to doing it, it would be the best way. 

As for cleaning it, some people use paper towels damp with cleaner, I use a sponge tip swab and a flashlight and do it from the front of the machine. 

Other than that, it could be settings within your rip/needs computer restarted. If not, I'm not sure. 

Have you tried printing from the cassette?

Edited by johnson4

1 hour ago, johnson4 said:

I never recommend pulling the head unless you are very experienced/used to it. Since damage is possible, I wouldn't recommend it unless you have a spare printer available. Those ribbon cables are only good for so many times being plugged/unplugged. However, if you are used to doing it, it would be the best way. 

As for cleaning it, some people use paper towels damp with cleaner, I use a sponge tip swab and a flashlight and do it from the front of the machine. 

Other than that, it could be settings within your rip/needs computer restarted. If not, I'm not sure. 

Have you tried printing from the cassette?

OK!  So.... While I was waiting for an answer, I found the repair manual and found out where that sensor was and took the head apart.  I was using non oem carts in the beginning and here is what I ended up with.

After I put it all back I am able to still print. I do however get a cool light show when I use the "replace cartridges" function.  I don't know if that is going to bone me in the future or not.

IMG_3213.jpg

IMG_3212.jpg

Yea, that is a lot of ink there, I would take precautions to prevent it from damaging the head. This is almost everyone’s issue on the 15000. I’m making a damper adapter for mine to do away with it and so it seals when installed. 

seems like you know what you are doing, so that’s good, I didn’t mention it because these die from people messing up removing the head. 

as for the ink level, I don’t know, I have never experienced it. Possibly reinstall the firmware, but if it works no use in messing with it. Get your jobs done then see if re doing the chipless firmware fixes it if it bothers you. I would imagine that to be firmware related, but who knows. 

Edited by johnson4

Thanks for your support here!  Someone said its from the CSIC assembly being wet. So when I'm done with this job, I'm going to shut it down and let it dry out.  I kind of rushed putting stuff back together.  I am using OEM carts now and just refilling those. 

10 minutes ago, SnowmanWI said:

Thanks for your support here!  Someone said its from the CSIC assembly being wet. So when I'm done with this job, I'm going to shut it down and let it dry out.  I kind of rushed putting stuff back together.  I am using OEM carts now and just refilling those. 

not a problem. Makes sense, I couldn’t imagine how it got wet though it’s on the side of the carriage. 

good luck and happy printing! 

On 10/8/2021 at 8:10 PM, johnson4 said:

Yea, that is a lot of ink there, I would take precautions to prevent it from damaging the head. This is almost everyone’s issue on the 15000. I’m making a damper adapter for mine to do away with it and so it seals when installed. 

seems like you know what you are doing, so that’s good, I didn’t mention it because these die from people messing up removing the head. 

as for the ink level, I don’t know, I have never experienced it. Possibly reinstall the firmware, but if it works no use in messing with it. Get your jobs done then see if re doing the chipless firmware fixes it if it bothers you. I would imagine that to be firmware related, but who knows. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/313578855223

Here you go.