Anyone with electrical knowledge have any idea how to repair a part of the mini shaker?

12 minutes ago, Mdrake2016 said:

One more thing I just noticed...the slapper seems to be going much faster now (at 25%) than before. It's like I have it up to 50% or higher.

I’m not entirely sure, I would assume this is related to the other issue and go away with the correction of the other issue.  or it’s “aftermath” damage to the speed controller/power supply. If you have a volt meter, testing the power going to the motor. Is easy and should read 12V.  

I want to note something important. The original shaker I have worked on 12V. This ones working on 24V. Did the motor you remove say 12 or 24V? The one I sent you was 12V, as that is what my shaker took at the time before receiving this other version.

Edited by johnson4

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So- if you installed a 12V motor where a 24V motor goes, that’s why it’s burning out. 

it should have been a 24V version IF yours said 24V on it when being removed. for the new shaker, which all they have is 15 RPM and 5RPM, stock was 10.rpm. 

https://www.amazon.com/Greartisan-Electric-Reduction-Eccentric-Diameter/dp/B08FBCNNN6/ref=mp_s_a_1_15?dchild=1&keywords=24V%2B10rpm&qid=1634233343&sr=8-15&th=1&psc=1

5 minutes ago, Mdrake2016 said:

That is actually the exact one that was in my shaker. So does it sound like putting a 24V in will resolve these issues?

I would say so, yes. What you are describing is pointing exactly to that. That’s also why your 12v motors keep burning up. 

If I had to choose, I’d go with the 15rpm motor, I’m going to assume it’s faster due to the smaller holes. Can always turn it down, can’t turn the 5 up. 

if I were you, I’d also order a spare speed controller, I sent a link before. They are like $7. It’s not worth the down time if you have that issue later on.

Edited by johnson4

5 minutes ago, johnson4 said:

I would say so, yes. What you are describing is pointing exactly to that. That’s also why your 12v motors keep burning up. 

If I had to choose, I’d go with the 15rpm motor, I’m going to assume it’s faster due to the smaller holes. Can always turn it down, can’t turn the 5 up. 

if I were you, I’d also order a spare speed controller, I sent a link before. They are like $7. It’s not worth the down time if you have that issue later on.

The 5RPM actually seemed too fast for me when I had it at full speed, the powder went in way too fast. I thought I saw a post somewhere on here from you saying that a higher RPM won't be able to slow down too much...that it will stop or something? Might be misremembering that.

I ordered the speed controllers...2 of them this morning. The relays you mentioned from Omron are also coming in today. Looks like most of the internal parts on this machine should just be changed.

36 minutes ago, Mdrake2016 said:

The 5RPM actually seemed too fast for me when I had it at full speed, the powder went in way too fast. I thought I saw a post somewhere on here from you saying that a higher RPM won't be able to slow down too much...that it will stop or something? Might be misremembering that.

I ordered the speed controllers...2 of them this morning. The relays you mentioned from Omron are also coming in today. Looks like most of the internal parts on this machine should just be changed.

A 12V motor running on 24v will run *theoretically* twice as fast. It’s not linear, but in general. So whatever speed you were getting with the motor you bought, would be faster than rated. 

that is true about the higher RPM, this one was originally designed with a 10RPM motor though. That and 24V motors have a wider range of functionality than 12V, at least in my experience. I’m assuming slower is going to be worse, because you mentioned you couldn’t get yours to go fast enough under load. It’s up to you though. With my original shaker 5rpm is almost too much, mine runs better turned down about halfway with the 5rpm motor, so like 2.5rpm. I don’t know with this one since it was originally 10RPM and has smaller holes. That’s going to be up to you and what you think with yours. I haven’t used it yet. 

as for the relays, I mentioned after receiving this new one, it doesn’t use mechanical relays, rather solid state relays. So my original shaker takes those Omron relays, but this new one doesn’t. 

I think the main issue here is the fact that they look the same, but aren’t even close and originally my version was different than yours. Without photos of your stuff, I was giving you the wrong voltage.