Dismantling my P600?

Hey guys. I'm planning on taking my P600 apart for the first time. Gonna change the wiper? (forget what its called. Cleans off the printhead as it moves across it) Also gonna change out the plastic screw that releases the printhead. Just wondering if anybody has any recommendations of videos I should review to make sure I do everything properly. Thanks.

5 hours ago, elliotiscool said:

Hey guys. I'm planning on taking my P600 apart for the first time. Gonna change the wiper? (forget what its called. Cleans off the printhead as it moves across it) Also gonna change out the plastic screw that releases the printhead. Just wondering if anybody has any recommendations of videos I should review to make sure I do everything properly. Thanks.

Sounds like your going to replace the entire capping station. You can change the wiper without taking the printer apart. As for the Phillip's thing you turn to turn the capping station, it isn't replaceable, you replace the whole capping station at that point. 

The p600 is pretty easy to do, but you do need to disassemble it quite a bit. I don't have any video's, but you basically remove all the plastics covers and whatnot on that side, remove the screws that hold the bottom on and remove the screws holding it in and swap it out. sometimes takes a bit of " wiggling". You'll need a longer Philips screwdriver for some of them. Some people remove the entire plastic cover ( like the top included) but I have been able to get away with just taking the capping station side plastics loose if I'm careful. I personally unplug the printer while the head is unlocked and push it all the way over to the other side so I don't accidently damage it or something. 

there may be some videos out there though, maybe someone else has them. Good luck though!

• Like 1