Pressing burns part of the print

DTN09

Hi,

I have an Epson L1800 which i use for printing. The quality of the printout is great but when I transfer it to the t-shirt, it burns part of the print. 

The only way i can avoid this is by pressing extremely light but then the print doesn’t feel like it gets stuck to the t-shirt correctly. 

Has anyone experienced this before?

Note:

i am using cotton t-shirt which i press at 160C for 10 seconds. 

the powder is melted for 2 minutes before applying to t-shirt. 

I am using 60% colour print and 100% white. 

42 minutes ago, Mdrake2016 said:

It's hard to see exactly in the photos, but I remember when I overcured/cured too fast with the gloss film, there would be holes in the final print on the shirt. I think that's what I'm seeing here? Happens with matte film too but not as much.

This makes sense, you can see it’s in the ink layer. I will also agree this is probably your issue. While that’s a bit hot for 50/50, it would be across the entire design and faded looking. Probably a hot spot in curing. 

Thanks for your feedback, this is really helpful. 

I am using matt film for my prints but to cure it, i use my heat press. I leave it on the heat press, few cm without touching the print for 2 minutes at 160C. 

what do you recommend in terms of curing as sometimes with my process i get tiny bubbles but they are not very visible?

thanks again!

21 hours ago, Mdrake2016 said:

It's hard to see exactly in the photos, but I remember when I overcured/cured too fast with the gloss film, there would be holes in the final print on the shirt. I think that's what I'm seeing here? Happens with matte film too but not as much.

Thanks for your feedback, this is really helpful. 

I am using matt film for my prints but to cure it, i use my heat press. I leave it on the heat press, few cm without touching the print for 2 minutes at 160C. 

what do you recommend in terms of curing as sometimes with my process i get tiny bubbles but they are not very visible?

thanks again!

1 hour ago, DTN09 said:

Thanks for your feedback, this is really helpful. 

thanks again!

Lower temperature- longer cure. 

On 9/25/2021 at 3:21 PM, johnson4 said:

Lower temperature- longer cure. 

This has resolved my issue. I can now apply more pressure on the heat press without ruining my prints! 

Leaving the print to cool off properly after the powder melts helps a lot also.

Thank you.