Cadlink VS EKprint VS Acrorip V9.03

johnson4

7 minutes ago, anum11 said:

Johnson can you tell me where did you buy p400 printhead and at what price btw.

Compass micro. I think it was $500ish. You need the p400 serial number to buy it. I’ve got 3 p400s here, you can also usually look on Google or eBay, people usually don’t cover the serial number. 

7 minutes ago, anum11 said:

Just stating 4880 is not same with 4900 and p5000. It should be slower than other 2 and their parts are not replaceable between 4880 and other 2 models

Yeah but the guy wanted $250 for it with $500+ worth of 220mL extra carts with it.  After I sell the carts it will at least be a free printer...

I paid more for the 4900 but that was what I was looking for in the first place, a 4900 or 5000.  

2 hours ago, kcinnick said:

Yeah but the guy wanted $250 for it with $500+ worth of 220mL extra carts with it.  After I sell the carts it will at least be a free printer...

I paid more for the 4900 but that was what I was looking for in the first place, a 4900 or 5000.  

If it works it works. That's how I got the P800's for $100 each. Selling the ink. 

I'm curious about that 4900's print speed. This is what I get from the P800. All the 90 nozzle printers I've used printed literally half this speed at 1440X1440. so one would assume 360 nozzles should print faster at the same resolution. 

Edited by johnson4

6 minutes ago, anum11 said:

I tested et8550 3 hours non stop.

For p400 you are right mainboard is getting hot even after normal sheet printing sessions.

P800 is build better for non stop printing. It seems every part is upgraded if we compare with p600.

Right. I'm just trying to find the machine that could- if you will. I print 8-12 hours a day continuous roll printing- so finding the fastest Epson that can take that, while still being produced is what I'm looking for. 

29 minutes ago, anum11 said:

I tested et8550 3 hours non stop.

For p400 you are right mainboard is getting hot even after normal sheet printing sessions.

P800 is build better for non stop printing. It seems every part is upgraded if we compare with p600.

do you know how fast does that et8550 print a 12X12 CMYK+W print?

I'll time the printer when I get it up and running.  

I can't find anything on the ET 8550 print head, not even a replacement.  As far as specs I don't see why it would be much different than the XP 15000 but the 8550 is listed as much faster and most reviews have the 15000 as a better quality photo printer.  

4 hours ago, kcinnick said:

I'll time the printer when I get it up and running.  

I can't find anything on the ET 8550 print head, not even a replacement.  As far as specs I don't see why it would be much different than the XP 15000 but the 8550 is listed as much faster and most reviews have the 15000 as a better quality photo printer.  

the 15000 is 180 nozzles per channel, it printed the same speed as the P400/p600/p800 for me. Maybe 1 print slower an hour. If it's within 1-2 prints an hour I just call it the same. 

I wonder why there isn't any information on the head, not even from china? I know I didn't like the ET printers because I've went through 4 of them just as regular printers. Not that model, but various models. The build quality seemed very poor on them overall. So as a first impression, I didn't even consider it.

4 hours ago, johnson4 said:

the 15000 is 180 nozzles per channel, it printed the same speed as the P400/p600/p800 for me. Maybe 1 print slower an hour. If it's within 1-2 prints an hour I just call it the same. 

I wonder why there isn't any information on the head, not even from china? I know I didn't like the ET printers because I've went through 4 of them just as regular printers. Not that model, but various models. The build quality seemed very poor on them overall. So as a first impression, I didn't even consider it.

They are new. Printhead is same as xp-15000. On acro you can get prints with xp-15000 driver on et8550. Same printhead, better printer. 

It takes around 40-45 seconds on 720*720. Quality is like 1440*1440 if you adjust printhead alignments.

You can buy printheads and other parts without needing for a serial number, because they are made for public.

Edited by anum11

5 hours ago, anum11 said:

They are new. Printhead is same as xp-15000. On acro you can get prints with xp-15000 driver on et8550. Same printhead, better printer. 

It takes around 40-45 seconds on 720*720. Quality is like 1440*1440 if you adjust printhead alignments.

You can buy printheads and other parts without needing for a serial number, because they are made for public.

I’d like to try what you are saying. I know 720x anything is insane in speed. 

how are you adjusting the alignment?

if it’s the same head, possible to put et head in XP printer? Maybe even just the manifold?

Edited by johnson4

XP15000 heads are relatively cheap so that would be good if they fit the et.  I don't see the point in printing 720X720, that is what the Chinese machines do and they don't produce near the image a desktop can produce, I guess it would be OK for simple designs.  I understand they do that for speed.  

1 hour ago, kcinnick said:

XP15000 heads are relatively cheap so that would be good if they fit the et.  I don't see the point in printing 720X720, that is what the Chinese machines do and they don't produce near the image a desktop can produce, I guess it would be OK for simple designs.  I understand they do that for speed.  

1 hour ago, kcinnick said:

720X720 on the p800 takes 20 seconds. 1440x720 about a minute. 1440x1440 2.5 minutes for a 12x12 single color design. 

I’m personally curious how one would adjust the printer to avoid banding, but I always stick to 1440x1440. 

Edited by johnson4

On 3/29/2022 at 8:36 PM, kcinnick said:

I don't think it is that big of deal ganging a 13X19 sheet but man would that save some time on rolls.  I wasn't planning on roll printing but you know, things change...  If you want 10.3 or 10.5 for a stop gap the non us resellers have dongles for as little as $17.. maybe cheaper.

Ya I have no problem paying for the full program, I rather not take any unnecessary risks.  I have used cracked programs in the past and there is almost always quirks that come along with that.  I do appr coated the heads up though.

6 minutes ago, AMartinez said:

Ya I have no problem paying for the full program, I rather not take any unnecessary risks.  I have used cracked programs in the past and there is almost always quirks that come along with that.  I do appr coated the heads up though.

I would buy 11 if it was available...  

3 minutes ago, kcinnick said:

I would buy 11 if it was available...  

Ya that's what I'm currently waiting for, it was supposed to be out in feb, so hopefully it comes out soon.  I'm using the ekprint demo meanwhile but the limitations of the demo are driving me nuts.

Also unrelated to program, the magenta in my xp15000 is constantly clogging, but only the magenta, haven't had any other issues not even with white. What could be the issue?  Ink related? Nozzle related? Chinese carts don't like magenta?!  I'm using Andy's ink

7 minutes ago, AMartinez said:

Ya that's what I'm currently waiting for, it was supposed to be out in feb, so hopefully it comes out soon.  I'm using the ekprint demo meanwhile but the limitations of the demo are driving me nuts.

Also unrelated to program, the magenta in my xp15000 is constantly clogging, but only the magenta, haven't had any other issues not even with white. What could be the issue?  Ink related? Nozzle related? Chinese carts don't like magenta?!  I'm using Andy's ink

Are you sure it is clogging and not a bad cartridge?  Aftermarket carts are not reliable for the XP 15000 and most people are switching to refilling OEM carts.  The drawback is they only hold 12-15mL of usable ink.

1 minute ago, kcinnick said:

Are you sure it is clogging and not a bad cartridge?  Aftermarket carts are not reliable for the XP 15000 and most people are switching to refilling OEM carts.  The drawback is they only hold 12-15mL of usable ink.

You know what, it could be the carts, I have changed the carts a few times to fix the issue after failed attempts with nozzle cleanings.  I assumed maybe the carts stopped working in those cases.  So how would I go about refilling oem carts?!  I didn't know that was possible.  Chinese carts only hold like 17ml anyways right?

2 hours ago, AMartinez said:

You know what, it could be the carts, I have changed the carts a few times to fix the issue after failed attempts with nozzle cleanings.  I assumed maybe the carts stopped working in those cases.  So how would I go about refilling oem carts?!  I didn't know that was possible.  Chinese carts only hold like 17ml anyways right?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChaf0ywGcq3xhOAV28WVCZw

This guy is pretty enthusiastic about refilling OEM carts.

6 hours ago, AMartinez said:

Magenta is also the color that gives me crap in the P400, R2400, Xp1500, or any other gravity fed printer i have used. Seriously. This specific color. Anytime I have a clog or issue, it's always magenta. nothing else unless it's my fault.

Edited by johnson4

On 4/1/2022 at 5:09 PM, johnson4 said:

I’d like to try what you are saying. I know 720x anything is insane in speed. 

how are you adjusting the alignment?

if it’s the same head, possible to put et head in XP printer? Maybe even just the manifold?

it have 3 diffirent alignments. It is detailed. Adapter is diffirent on xp15000 and et8550, so you cant fit them.

The only banding i have, because paper itself have a weird banding. It makes banding stains on print. I will get a diffirent film to try.

Other than that nothing really wrong. I did not print any photos but quality is good for general designs.

4 hours ago, anum11 said:

it have 3 diffirent alignments. It is detailed. Adapter is diffirent on xp15000 and et8550, so you cant fit them.

The only banding i have, because paper itself have a weird banding. It makes banding stains on print. I will get a diffirent film to try.

Other than that nothing really wrong. I did not print any photos but quality is good for general designs.

So just do the alignments like normal?