Jump to content

DTF Hot Peel versus Cold Peel Pefrormance


Babiba
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Babiba said:

 Has any one done wash tests comparing hot peel to cold peel and which performs the best in regards to colour fastness and peeling/cracking?

I haven’t noticed any difference in that aspect, cold peel seems to be a bit more dull looking. 
 

personally, I’m a hot peel guy. Have about 25 rolls of it, makes production much faster too. Cold peel literally means cold peel- room temperature. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, johnson4 said:

I haven’t noticed any difference in that aspect, cold peel seems to be a bit more dull looking. 
 

personally, I’m a hot peel guy. Have about 25 rolls of it, makes production much faster too. Cold peel literally means cold peel- room temperature. 

We have tried many rolls, last time we ordered 10 and they supplied 8 cold peel rolls in error, waste of time, who do you use for your hot peel, we are in the UK.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Babiba said:

So you don't buy direct from a manufacturer in China, is that right, only from DTFsuperstore.

I buy from DTFsuperstore, and I also buy from Alibaba, depending on my needs. I get all my inks and whatnot from DTFsuperstore only. Basically the film I shop around on, but be careful, I’ve bitten the bullet many times, which is why I won’t recommend anyone in particular.

Edited by johnson4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, johnson4 said:

I buy from DTFsuperstore, and I also buy from Alibaba, depending on my needs. I get all my inks and whatnot from DTFsuperstore only. Basically the film I shop around on, but be careful, I’ve bitten the bullet many times, which is why I won’t recommend anyone in particular.

No problem, thanks for your replies we are trying another 1 more supplier from China as initially we had trouble with his hot peel as it stated to buckle when going onto the pre-heat tray, but by turning off the Anti-Static bar it cured these problems, I just thought that if you had found great PET film it would be good to know. We are using Full Colour Inks and Tongsing glue which are working well for us, just finalising which film.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Babiba said:

No problem, thanks for your replies we are trying another 1 more supplier from China as initially we had trouble with his hot peel as it stated to buckle when going onto the pre-heat tray, but by turning off the Anti-Static bar it cured these problems, I just thought that if you had found great PET film it would be good to know. We are using Full Colour Inks and Tongsing glue which are working well for us, just finalising which film.

Right. I know what you mean. The problem I have encountered is even batch to batch the film can be different. Has happened to me as well. Also some films don’t work with certain inks- blah blah. That’s why it’s easiest to just order from one supplier, not necessarily the cheapest. 
 

im working an in ICC right now actually to get the colors just right :)

Edited by johnson4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, johnson4 said:

Right. I know what you mean. The problem I have encountered is even batch to batch the film can be different. Has happened to me as well. Also some films don’t work with certain inks- blah blah. That’s why it’s easiest to just order from one supplier, not necessarily the cheapest. 
 

im working an in ICC right now actually to get the colors just right :)

Yes we have found the same, some inks started to separate and run on certain films and the colour density, brightness etc varies a lot, but we are definitely hot peel fans. My son is working on the ICC's as well to match the vinyls we have used before to give our customers continuity of colour with DTF prints, also we found blue prints have not been anywhere near as good as other colours, not dense and vivid except one film we tried which was brilliant but they have changed it from a hot peel to a warm peel i.e. about 5 seconds so we are waiting to try that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Babiba said:

Yes we have found the same, some inks started to separate and run on certain films and the colour density, brightness etc varies a lot, but we are definitely hot peel fans. My son is working on the ICC's as well to match the vinyls we have used before to give our customers continuity of colour with DTF prints, also we found blue prints have not been anywhere near as good as other colours, not dense and vivid except one film we tried which was brilliant but they have changed it from a hot peel to a warm peel i.e. about 5 seconds so we are waiting to try that.

With my profiling, I noticed within all of my test charts cyan is the one that is mostly off. Yellow and magenta look fine. 
 

x rite has a good device that you can also use spot color for. So if you have a certain red vinyl, just scan and print the spot color and scan the printed sheet. Boom, it’ll print as close as possible to the original color. So far I’ve found the device to be worth every Penny.

Edited by johnson4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...