DTF Powder toxicity

DTF Powder is thermoplastic polyurethane and what I read it is toxic when exposed to fire. To my reasoning it could be toxic when heated. Anyone using mask or some other precautions when curing? I just bumped into a company which sells their oven with a possibility to attach a chimney because of this issue. 

7 minutes ago, davekk said:

DTF Powder is thermoplastic polyurethane and what I read it is toxic when exposed to fire. To my reasoning it could be toxic when heated. Anyone using mask or some other precautions when curing? I just bumped into a company which sells their oven with a possibility to attach a chimney because of this issue. 

Any and all curing should definitely be vented outside with an inline fan, don’t forget the ink evaporation as well( and the oily remnants). The powder itself inhaled in powder form( it lingers in the air) is bad too. Overheated PET plastic ( the film) is bad as well to breathe in. 

that’s one of the main downfalls of people using regular ovens instead of a vented unit of some sort. 

Edited by johnson4