DTF UV printing

• 1 year later...
On 7/30/2021 at 8:20 AM, anum11 said:

Hi, i seven some UV printers, print on dtf then use another PVC on print. Then you can just apply it by hand on anywhere.

Does anyone know science of this? Does it need special dtf film?

Been messing around with it. I have “ridges”  or raised lines in my ink when it’s cured, when it’s not cured no issue. 

other than that seems to work well, for solid blocky designs. Intricate designs not so much- at least from a first timer. 

11 hours ago, johnson4 said:

Been messing around with it. I have “ridges”  or raised lines in my ink when it’s cured, when it’s not cured no issue. 

other than that seems to work well, for solid blocky designs. Intricate designs not so much- at least from a first timer. 

Not really understanding this issue, nozzle checks are fine( perfect). Does this no matter the resolution or if it’s single/double pass. Wave function on or off- same

Unidirectional or bidirectional- same. 

ink issue? 

if I don’t cure the ink( led off), it doesn’t do this, at least for the white. 

this is with new dampers and such. 

do you have experience with UV printing? 

ED91924D-EB02-4CDE-8017-DD8E6A483E14.jpeg

CAEE9877-CD01-458D-A007-864DA079DE28.jpeg

Edited by johnson4

3 hours ago, anum11 said:

it is because of icc profile. Try it with other profiles if you are printing with acrorip. it changes colors and printing.

also you can try adjustment program, vertical adjustments. This may help too.

The ICC is turned off in acrorip. I also printed from EKprint with same results. 

I am trying unidirectional, 1440x1440 up to 2880x1440. Single pass and dual pass. I’ve tried overloading the ink as well as too ink little.  Wave function on or off, no difference. 

The machine worked fine before the conversion with DTG ink. All I did was replace the ink system and am getting perfect nozzle checks. 

The person I bought the conversion supplies from suggested moving the LED to allow more time for the ink to “blend” which if it helped, was very little. 

I will try these solutions, hopefully it works. 

in my head and experience with water based inks ( which may not apply here) i feel like it’s an ink jetting issue. They are cheap Chinese inks, I think it was $8.50 for 250ML of each color per bottle. 

afterall I am just testing the process before investing in it. Right now it’s “cool” but they are not very durable and can be pretty easily scratched off with a fingernail if you try hard enough. 

I ordered a new white ink from a US supplier and will flush the white ink and test again with white only to see if it’s doing it still with the white. 

I will say with the LED off, while it pools the ink a bit, I do not see the “ridges” in the prints. Maybe because it’s pooling and covering them up, I’m not sure. I am using a 60W LED. 

Thanks.