EkPrint Studio

Hello I have an XP-15000 that I've converted and works flawless for the past month. I have been getting great prints but cannot print teal or maroon to save my life. I'm pretty sure I'm missing something simple in my RIP. Anyone have great experience with EK Print since there is no ICC profile for the xp-15000. Thanks! 

4 hours ago, D.Nash said:

Hello I have an XP-15000 that I've converted and works flawless for the past month. I have been getting great prints but cannot print teal or maroon to save my life. I'm pretty sure I'm missing something simple in my RIP. Anyone have great experience with EK Print since there is no ICC profile for the xp-15000. Thanks! 

Have you tried printing color swatches? That's what I did when I had issues with certain colors. For the life of me ( well, two years) light pinks always gave me problems. I was able to find a color code for the one's I wanted with my current settings and changed my graphics to match. 

If not, you could always pay to have an ICC profile made for your specific setup.

11 hours ago, D.Nash said:

Thanks for your reply.. Is there anyway you can walk me thru this? I do have a color swatch that I have not printed yet. Hot pink gave me the blues also! I had to have my friend DTG the shirt for me. 

You just print the color swatch as you normally would a design, and see which color you like and follow that code. 

If your making an ICC profile, add it to the rip program and be done. 

if your using color swatches to find an exact color, then you need to use the hex code that coincides with the swatch color and edit your design. So if your CMYK design has a pink, you print and find the right pink in the color swatch, then edit your image file colors to that code, so it will print that exact color to that value. 

Where to buy EKPrint? Got xp15000 for 99€ and just made the decision to learn DTF printing. What I've read it is not the easiest machine to start with but wasnt too expensive either. Also looking for a company offering inks, sheets etc. in Europe.

Personally, I got WAY better colors using CADlink. I have no idea where there's such a huge difference but they literally look spot on to what I want the colors to look. My blues on EKPrint always looked purple. For a design that had a strong royal blue, I had to use a light navy for it to come out looking even close to the royal blue that I needed.

7 minutes ago, Mdrake2016 said:

Personally, I got WAY better colors using CADlink. I have no idea where there's such a huge difference but they literally look spot on to what I want the colors to look. My blues on EKPrint always looked purple. For a design that had a strong royal blue, I had to use a light navy for it to come out looking even close to the royal blue that I needed.

That’s because of the ICC profiles they made for Cadlink. You can easily download the trial and extract/ use the profiles in EKprint from Cadlink, does Cadlink support the 15000 now?

thats the biggest difference between the two, Cadlink profiles are made for each printer, by the “supplier”. When I bought mine the profiles SUCKED in the p800, but I hear they have since fixed that, I haven’t tried in several months though. 

If Cadlink supports the 15000, it is an overall better rip, but more to learn from the get-go. While both are the about the same price, once all the kinks get worked out in Cadlink, if they haven’t already, i would  call it the best out out there. 

Edited by johnson4

On 7/27/2021 at 3:02 PM, johnson4 said:

If your making an ICC profile, add it to the rip program and be done. 

if your using color swatches to find an exact color, then you need to use the hex code that coincides with the swatch color and edit your design. So if your CMYK design has a pink, you print and find the right pink in the color swatch, then edit your image file colors to that code, so it will print that exact color to that value. 

Ok So Let me get this right.. I'm good at the moment however but I just use my color swatch to match and change color in illustrator/photoshop and not EK??

1 hour ago, D.Nash said:

Ok So Let me get this right.. I'm good at the moment however but I just use my color swatch to match and change color in illustrator/photoshop and not EK??

Right, The color swatches have a Code with them, that's the color code for that color. each swatch is usually similiar colors per page. So if your looking for a Dark red, Print that swatch, find the one you like, use that color code in photoshop for that color. Then, when you print it, you get that exact same color, even if it looks different on screen. 

It's what I did for the few colors I couldn't get right.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2021 at 9:17 AM, johnson4 said:

That’s because of the ICC profiles they made for Cadlink. You can easily download the trial and extract/ use the profiles in EKprint from Cadlink, does Cadlink support the 15000 now?

thats the biggest difference between the two, Cadlink profiles are made for each printer, by the “supplier”. When I bought mine the profiles SUCKED in the p800, but I hear they have since fixed that, I haven’t tried in several months though. 

If Cadlink supports the 15000, it is an overall better rip, but more to learn from the get-go. While both are the about the same price, once all the kinks get worked out in Cadlink, if they haven’t already, i would  call it the best out out there. 

I tried what you said here and used both the same exact input and output profiles, taken directly from the Cadlink folders and for some reason the colors are even worse. I don't understand what's going on here. EKPrint does something else that affects the colors. And it's definitely not the ink density...the colors are simply still VERY off regardless of what I adjust in any setting.

3 hours ago, Mdrake2016 said:

I tried what you said here and used both the same exact input and output profiles, taken directly from the Cadlink folders and for some reason the colors are even worse. I don't understand what's going on here. EKPrint does something else that affects the colors. And it's definitely not the ink density...the colors are simply still VERY off regardless of what I adjust in any setting.

Are the stock Epson drivers installed? If so go in and turn off the ICM in the driver. 

• 1 month later...

I have an epson xp 15000 and desperately want to buy ekprint studio from the company that makes it, because I hear it’s a lot cheaper that way. However, I can’t get them to respond to me. I’ve asked several times through their online form to have the demo link and the license sent to me, but they have never responded to me. I’ve been going at this for about three or four days now. Does anyone know, is this normal with them? What do I have to do to get them to respond? I’ve even emailed them at the info and support addresses but nothing. Some help me if you can. At least let me know if you’ve had a similar experience with them.