CISS on R3000?

Good morning!

Doing research and slowly gathering supplies for my R3000 to print DTF. I'm trying to determine if I should get a CISS or just use refillable ink cartridges. I'd like to know the pros and cons of the CISS from experienced users. Good? Bad? Ugly?

Also, if not CISS, and refillable carts are the way to go, do I use chipped or non-chipped? If non-chipped, do I need to reprogram something? Research has been a little confusing. Although, I have found that all 3 are an option for this printer but not sure about the reprogramming...

Any help on this topice would be greatly appreciated! 

2 hours ago, LivieLuCo2020 said:

Good morning!

Doing research and slowly gathering supplies for my R3000 to print DTF. I'm trying to determine if I should get a CISS or just use refillable ink cartridges. I'd like to know the pros and cons of the CISS from experienced users. Good? Bad? Ugly?

Also, if not CISS, and refillable carts are the way to go, do I use chipped or non-chipped? If non-chipped, do I need to reprogram something? Research has been a little confusing. Although, I have found that all 3 are an option for this printer but not sure about the reprogramming...

Any help on this topice would be greatly appreciated! 

The r3000 has large cartridges available, so I don’t see why you would need a CISS system. DTF uses very little ink. The less places for the white ink to settle, the better since you have to shake/flush those often. 30/80mL cartridges are plenty. 

R3000 doesn’t have anything to program for Chipless. Meaning Chipless isn’t available for it. so you must use ARC cartridges as your only option ( auto reset chipped cartridges). 

the p600 has Chipless firmware for it, which is the newer version of the R3000, while the R3000 doesn’t have it available. If you did find this somewhere, I’d love to see it. 

Edited by johnson4

11 minutes ago, johnson4 said:

The r3000 has large cartridges available, so I don’t see why you would need a CISS system. DTF uses very little ink. The less places for the white ink to settle, the better since you have to shake/flush those often. 30/80mL cartridges are plenty. 

R3000 doesn’t have anything to program for Chipless. Meaning Chipless isn’t available for it. so you must use ARC cartridges as your only option ( auto reset chipped cartridges). 

the p600 has Chipless firmware for it, which is the newer version of the R3000, while the R3000 doesn’t have it available. If you did find this somewhere, I’d love to see it. 

That's what I was wondering... if the chipless firmware existed for this printer. No, I didn't find any, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist, right? ;)

Thanks for the reply! Very valuable to this newbie. :)

I do have one more question. There seems to be a wide variation in prices for refillable ink carts... $20 to $140 for a set. What should one be looking for to compare?

3 hours ago, LivieLuCo2020 said:

That's what I was wondering... if the chipless firmware existed for this printer. No, I didn't find any, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist, right? ;)

Thanks for the reply! Very valuable to this newbie. :)

I do have one more question. There seems to be a wide variation in prices for refillable ink carts... $20 to $140 for a set. What should one be looking for to compare?

Just look for ones with ARC chips. Expensive doesn’t mean better. 

inkowl.com is a good place 

• 11 months later...
On 7/21/2021 at 10:24 AM, johnson4 said:

Hello both of you. I would love to have some help. I have the r3000 with ARC but in the last month the 1573 chip (magenta) keeps failing. I already replace it 3 times in a month. Do you know what might be happening? Or do I have an alternative for ARC?

39 minutes ago, AlonsoEML said:

Hello both of you. I would love to have some help. I have the r3000 with ARC but in the last month the 1573 chip (magenta) keeps failing. I already replace it 3 times in a month. Do you know what might be happening? Or do I have an alternative for ARC?

Pretty much the only option. Maybe there is a chip decoder, but much more expensive. 

• Like 1