Does anyone know how to convert an Epson ET-8550 to DTF?

HEll everyone,

AcroRip just released version 10.3 and it now includes the Epson ET-8500 and ET-8550 to its list of printers. Does anyone know how to convert an Epson ET-8550 to DTF?

This looks like a pretty interesting printer since you don't have to worry about using chipless firmware for the inks.

1 hour ago, Buckles said:

HEll everyone,

AcroRip just released version 10.3 and it now includes the Epson ET-8500 and ET-8550 to its list of printers. Does anyone know how to convert an Epson ET-8550 to DTF?

This looks like a pretty interesting printer since you don't have to worry about using chipless firmware for the inks.

I saw that a month or two ago. You would need to replace the Ink tank with something else- like an external ink tank/damper system with white ink circulation, or modify the original to do similar. 

Edited by johnson4

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, Mr.Carter said:

What about grabbing whole printer and shaking it , not good idea but it will work 😂

I've asked this guy, alongside multiple other people several times with no answer. It immediately invalidates all of it to me, based on the very principle that the white ink must be shaken. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...