Can't figure out why I keep getting clogs every few prints

Another little secret for anybody who is interested … the Australian version of Epson P400 (called P405) is still a production model … and being sold directly from Epson. I got mine including shipping and customs to Dubai United Arab Emirates for around USD$900 (I know spent higher)

So far it works with it works with chipless firmware… it works with the chipless carts .. it works with the rip software .. 

I didn’t try the adjustment program yet because the ones available are for P400 or P407 but nothing specifically for P405.. I am just thinking to give it a go and see if it works.. 

Just make sure you have the relevant step down or step up power conversions from 110V to 220V

Edited by chaudhryis

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, chaudhryis said:

Another little secret for anybody who is interested … the Australian version of Epson P400 (called P405) is still a production model … and being sold directly from Epson. I got mine including shipping and customs to Dubai United Arab Emirates for around USD$900 (I know spent higher)

So far it works with it works with chipless firmware… it works with the chipless carts .. it works with the rip software .. 

I didn’t try the adjustment program yet because the ones available are for P400 or P407 but nothing specifically for P405.. I am just thinking to give it a go and see if it works.. 

Just make sure you have the relevant step down or step up power conversions from 110V to 220V

Thanks for that- 

orpys.com has the adjustment program for it. 

2 hours ago, chaudhryis said:

I’m not seeing how you bought it, any tips?

45 minutes ago, johnson4 said:

I’m not seeing how you bought it, any tips?

I bought it from an official Epson distributor in Australia .. .. they shipped it to me as it was within their international courier limit of 22kg (the printer boxed was 16.5 kg)

So the cost of printer and shipping combined was just around USD900 .. .. I think the printer alone was USD690 and the rest USD210 was shipping through DHL .. 

54 minutes ago, chaudhryis said:

I bought it from an official Epson distributor in Australia .. .. they shipped it to me as it was within their international courier limit of 22kg (the printer boxed was 16.5 kg)

So the cost of printer and shipping combined was just around USD900 .. .. I think the printer alone was USD690 and the rest USD210 was shipping through DHL .. 

makes sense, DHL is pretty expensive. Thank you, I’ll look and see if I can find anyone who will ship it that way.

On 8/1/2021 at 6:01 PM, johnson4 said:

Thanks for that- 

orpys.com has the adjustment program for it. 

Thanks this site didn’t have the P405 but u gave it a go with P407 and that worked like a charm …thanks

another question how many A3 or A4 prints do you achieve with one set of filled carts .. 

I am at the moment pissed about how much time Acrorip takes to send the files to the printer .. (it’s over 7 mins for a A3 print size)

May be I just to Cadlink or EkPrint .. what are your experiences .. also I notice the Acrorip can only knockout blacks .. not the whites .. really disappointed .. 

1 hour ago, chaudhryis said:

Thanks this site didn’t have the P405 but u gave it a go with P407 and that worked like a charm …thanks

another question how many A3 or A4 prints do you achieve with one set of filled carts .. 

I am at the moment pissed about how much time Acrorip takes to send the files to the printer .. (it’s over 7 mins for a A3 print size)

May be I just to Cadlink or EkPrint .. what are your experiences .. also I notice the Acrorip can only knockout blacks .. not the whites .. really disappointed .. 

That’s one of my main reasons for me for using EKprint- acro is a joke for production- in my opinion. It’s a good beginning/tester program, that’s it. I have been using it for almost 6 years- before Cadlink was an option, so it was acro or EKprint back then for me. 

as for the ink, printing 12x13 usually got around 70 prints per cartridge, but that varies a lot on underbase and what you are printing. At a bare minimum, 35. 

im not really sure about knocking out whites, never done anything like that. For a feature rich program go with Cadlink. 

Edited by johnson4

• 5 months later...
On 8/1/2021 at 9:29 PM, chaudhryis said:

Thank you for this I’ve just went and brought myself a p405 brand new for $974 Australian I had seen it previously while on a hunt for a p series but the number 5 threw me off so thank you 🙏 cannot wait to start my journey into DTF coming from screen printing.

1 hour ago, Alan Scott said:

Thank you for this I’ve just went and brought myself a p405 brand new for $974 Australian I had seen it previously while on a hunt for a p series but the number 5 threw me off so thank you 🙏 cannot wait to start my journey into DTF coming from screen printing.

Nice! If you ever need it, I have a sealed Epson refurbished p400 for sale in the us for $1,000.